5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shut down over Christmas holidays

Steveover

Reaction score
Will production on 2019 rams shut down over Christmas Holidays. Being a noob here curious because that’s the time my will truck be built or ready for shipping . Hoping it won’t effect either, would love a Christmas Present

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Dont know about production but mine traveled over the Thanksgiving holiday

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dang if you work 10 days in a row you guys are paid “ triple “ time ?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And on the shipping side...the only 2 days a year the railroad doesn't operate is Christmas Day and New Years day...sometimes!

Steveover

Reaction score
Mason, 10 days in a row = money in the bank. Hoping you don’t get burned out, and have time to spend with family over the holidays

Mason1217

Reaction score
Dang if you work 10 days in a row you guys are paid “ triple “ time ?
Bascailly, you can elect triple time or double time and bank an 8 hour paid day off, but any paid days converted have to be used by may 12th.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Mason, 10 days in a row = money in the bank. Hoping you don’t get burned out, and have time to spend with family over the holidays
For sure, I try to work 5 to 6 of them, basically gets the money back spent on xmas lol.

Bram2019

Reaction score
For sure, I try to work 5 to 6 of them, basically gets the money back spent on xmas lol.
It is reported in the Detroit News, Sterling Heights to be shutdown Jan 2-Jan 14. So does the plant run full crews during Christmas or upcoming Jan shutdown.

Mason1217

Reaction score
I’m 1 mile down the road at the Stamping Plant and we don’t stop. Ever. MAYBE we will be blacked out Xmas day, but that’s it. We will be banging out panels for the Ram and everything else during 99 percent of the Holidays.

Steveover

Reaction score
So it seems there will be a two week shut down over Christmas. My truck is built waiting for shipping so now my question is how does the plant being down affect shipping times. Will it create time for shipping to catch up or will shipping be even slower?

Bram2019

Reaction score
So it seems there will be a two week shut down over Christmas. My truck is built waiting for shipping so now my question is how does the plant being down affect shipping times. Will it create time for shipping to catch up or will shipping be even slower?
No it will be 3 weeks at the Sterling Heights assembly plant. December 24 through Jan 14. But since your truck is built, and if it is in KZ, it should have no effect on you. You are at the mercy of the shipper whatever their schedule is.

Steveover

Reaction score
Thanks Bernie’s, is shipping separate contractor from FCA I haven’t been Through this process hence the dumb questions

Bram2019

Reaction score
There is a list somewhere exactly how the transfer occurs from the plant to the dealer. Do a search on this site. Might be in the order tracking area.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's common practice for a plant to shut down for a week or two for maintenance etc for a model year changeover. Since they started producing the 2019 1500s last January it's a perfect time for a few week shutdown for some plant maintenance.

NYRAM

Reaction score
I hoping my truck gets built this week before the shut down. Looks like they are starting to build the etorque trucks again. Otherwise I’m gonna have to wait at least another 2 weeks

Tilter

Reaction score
I don’t know but it went F today. I think D1 five days ago. According to the guy on the phone. I can’t get the site to work

Users who are viewing this thread