5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show off your Limited Trucks...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The website shows the Longhorn rim but without the brown now. Do you know if it was showing brown previously?
They were only brown if the two-tone paint scheme was ordered (as they match the lower brown). On solid-color Longhorns (like mine), they're more of a grayish paint in the spokes (like the image you shared shows). Are you saying that there's now a completely unpainted option?

Derek916

Reaction score
They were only brown if the two-tone paint scheme was ordered (as they match the lower brown). On solid-color Longhorns (like mine), they're more of a grayish paint in the spokes (like the image you shared shows). Are you saying that there's now a completely unpainted option?
The picture I screen grabbed is what they use for both the Longhorn and Limited now on the website as standard. It sounds like they are giving the two-tone paint rim as the base color.

Derek916

Reaction score
Are they refunding your deposit?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Didn't place one fortunately. I've been mulling the order all month long due to the base increase. It sounds like the ordering for 1500s this year is going on much longer than last year. Seems like demand is dropping or their capacity to manufacture increased.

Denali

Reaction score
The website shows the Longhorn rim but without the brown now. Do you know if it was showing brown previously?
Couldn't say for sure.
BTW, mine showed up with Granite Crystal painted spoke accents. I ordered in mid Feb and the build happened on March 24th.

Just as a heads up...

My original order was listed as:
20-Inch x 9.0-Inch Polished Wheels with Inserts <<< was how the RAM site build tool listed it then

My build sheet was listed as:
20X9.0 Alum Painted/Polished Wheels <<< this his how the RAM site build tool lists it now

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The picture I screen grabbed is what they use for both the Longhorn and Limited now on the website as standard. It sounds like they are giving the two-tone paint rim as the base color.
That’s not a bad deal, really; one of the things I like about the Longhorn over the Limited is the Longhorn’s 20” wheel design. I’d like to see them on a Limited.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, the Longhorns look great. My order was - Order date: 3/4/22 BS: 3/24/22 Took delivery 4/8. It’s a night edition so maybe that’s why I still got the dark gray night edition Limited wheels.

But I really wanted the dark gray/silver 20” Longhorn wheels. Or even the Sport/Laramie wheels - which are 22” but wish they had a 20” option.

The 20” air suspension Longhorn I test drove was smoother, especially over the local train tracks than the 22” air suspension Limited I have.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2022 patriot blue that I picked up in the middle of June. View attachment 133994

Are your wheel centers also a dark metallic bronze or a dark gray instead? Just curious. They really are some of the best looking wheels Ram offers. I like them a lot more than mine.

Great color too, by the way. If I hadn’t gone pearl white this time around, I was going to either go Patriot Blue or Delmonico Red.

Rammmer

Reaction score
I can’t believe that they are putting the longhorn wheels on the limiteds.
I am not a huge fan of these rims. The dealers apparently are saying take it or leave it and not offering any compensation.

I've written to Ram about the rims but not received a response. Strangely enough, Mopar is selling the original Limited rims that were supposed to come with the truck right now for a cool $3k price tag.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just going to throw out there that I’d consider trading my 22” Limited Night Edition rims for the 20” Longhorn dark gray/black & silver ones to anyone on this thread.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of these rims. The dealers apparently are saying take it or leave it and not offering any compensation.

I've written to Ram about the rims but not received a response. Strangely enough, Mopar is selling the original Limited rims that were supposed to come with the truck right now for a cool $3k price tag.

That’s even more insane. I have a set of the original limited rims I bought as spares earlier this year

egnarp

Reaction score
Are your wheel centers also a dark metallic bronze or a dark gray instead? Just curious. They really are some of the best looking wheels Ram offers. I like them a lot more than mine.

Great color too, by the way. If I hadn’t gone pearl white this time around, I was going to either go Patriot Blue or Delmonico Red.
They are dark gray.

Deemvee

Reaction score
Favorite vehicle I’ve owned so far. These lights are even an improvement over the 21 Laramie I traded in.
Sick setup! Im working on deleting the chrome on my 2020 limited and need a ladder rack. Do you use yours for ladders? Im going to be transporting a 32 foot that Im worried about hitting the roof during transport. Any experience with that?

Drew87

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my limited I picked up end of June. Added body color side mirror caps. Didn’t like the chrome mirrors.

IMG_3873.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread