5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show off your Limited Trucks...

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you post some more pictures of your truck? I just got my delmonico night edition and I'm deciding if I want to put mud flaps on.
If you live in an area that gets snow and/or you like having a clean truck & not having to wash at least more of it at one given time, then you’ll want mud flaps for sure - there’s good mud flaps threads on here as well. I’ve had the newer style Mopar ones & wearing the Huskies now. After a little time, the stock-ish looking ones all look the same - but I like the slightly extra coverage of the Husky’s & for a lower price this go around. They also have rubber ones weighted/non-weighted for wider tires and/or lifted trucks.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Denali

Reaction score
They change the 20" wheels on limiteds or did you guys change them?
The factory ran out of the regular 20" limited rims somewhere around march-ish this year so they have been using limited longhorn rims as a substitute since. You can't even configure a build with the original rims anymore.

I was able to negotiate an $800 price drop due to this since my build showed the other rims. I bought some '21 limited take-offs ($1000 shipped to Alaska) and for winter, mounted some Blizzaks on the limited longhorn rims that came with my truck. Dealer did the tire and rim swaps for free so that was likely close to $200. So the whole thing was a wash and now I have nice winter rims too. BTW, while negotiating with the dealer I called the limited longhorn rims "grampa rims". lol

Cgflier

Reaction score
That's interesting. Mine came with the Limited rims. Maybe they found a set lying around. Ordered mine April 26. Still a beautiful truck either way.

Rich6896

Reaction score
Mine is coming with the Longhorn rims. Maybe they will grow on me. Brown on a blue truck, seems blah at this point. I don't blame MD, I don't know if I even blame RAM, I don't know what could be done to get it out the door.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Mine is coming with the Longhorn rims. Maybe they will grow on me. Brown on a blue truck, seems blah at this point. I don't blame MD, I don't know if I even blame RAM, I don't know what could be done to get it out the door.
How did you find out your limiteds are coming with Longhorn rims? I ordered a Limited recently and heard no such thing from the dealer. The POC and image on the RAM tracker shows the regular rims. Is it maybe the case they got more correct rims later in the ordering cycle?

nstober1

Reaction score
From a distance, I swore they looked black but your comment made me double check. Sure enough, dark brown with a metallic flake... I may have to have a word with my dealer.

Derek916

Reaction score
From a distance, I swore they looked black but your comment made me double check. Sure enough, dark brown with a metallic flake... I may have to have a word with my dealer.
wow. I am glad i've been oogling at Limited trucks every day as I may order one. They should have swapped the Limited 20 inch standard rim for the Southwest Laramie 20 inch rim. Those are the best ones IMO..I may ask on Monday if they will upgrade me at no cost.

Derek916

Reaction score
The factory ran out of the regular 20" limited rims somewhere around march-ish this year so they have been using limited longhorn rims as a substitute since. You can't even configure a build with the original rims anymore.

I was able to negotiate an $800 price drop due to this since my build showed the other rims. I bought some '21 limited take-offs ($1000 shipped to Alaska) and for winter, mounted some Blizzaks on the limited longhorn rims that came with my truck. Dealer did the tire and rim swaps for free so that was likely close to $200. So the whole thing was a wash and now I have nice winter rims too. BTW, while negotiating with the dealer I called the limited longhorn rims "grampa rims". lol
The website shows the Longhorn rim but without the brown now. Do you know if it was showing brown previously?

Attachments

• 1656006692135.png
    1656006692135.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 27

Rammmer

Reaction score
The website shows the Longhorn rim but without the brown now. Do you know if it was showing brown previously?
This is some serious negligence on the part of Ram in advertising their trucks. Currently, and when I built mine, their image shows different wheels in the truck image versus the wheels in the selection.

Attachments

• RamWheels.png
    RamWheels.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 33

Rich6896

Reaction score
I don't know if this was not an option when I ordered. I was given the option to cancel, but at this point, I'd be without a car for too long. I think I'll wait until I get it. How much do you think I could get for them as takeoffs?

Attachments

• IMG_6007.jpg
    IMG_6007.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 59

nstober1

Reaction score
I don't know if this was not an option when I ordered. I was given the option to cancel, but at this point, I'd be without a car for too long. I think I'll wait until I get it. How much do you think I could get for them as takeoffs?
I contacted my dealer about my Limited Longhorn wheels. They are contacting FCA to see what can be done. I'll post when I hear more. EDIT: I recently tried to sell some Wrangler Take-offs and ended up just scrapping them for $100 Aluminum value as nobody would bite. Not sure if there is more of a market for Ram take-offs, possibly as winter beaters or for folks with 22" that want something with a nicer ride.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I contacted my dealer about my Limited Longhorn wheels. They are contacting FCA to see what can be done. I'll post when I hear more. EDIT: I recently tried to sell some Wrangler Take-offs and ended up just scrapping them for $100 Aluminum value as nobody would bite. Not sure if there is more of a market for Ram take-offs, possibly as winter beaters or for folks with 22" that want something with a nicer ride.
Market for Ram rims depends on style, tires included, TPMS included, condition, location and price.

The standard Bighorn rims appear to have greater supply than demand. Don't appear to move much on craigslist and such. If someone doesn't have the room and time to deal with a resale they will end up like your Wrangler's take offs. I use my Bighorn wheels for the winter months and excess salt that NYC spreads around.

Derek916

Reaction score
Just confirmed with MD that they are still providing the Long Horn rims on the Limited. I gently asked for the 22inch for free but they didn't want to entertain that. I am walking away from the deal now that the base price is 68,185 (66,185 + 2000) to get a truck that looks like a Limited.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Just confirmed with MD that they are still providing the Long Horn rims on the Limited. I gently asked for the 22inch for free but they didn't want to entertain that. I am walking away from the deal now that the base price is 68,185 (66,185 + 2000) to get a truck that looks like a Limited.
Are they refunding your deposit?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread