5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOW ME YOUR WRAP

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Looks great! I can’t decide between satin battleship grey and matte indigo
When I originally wrapped my ram snow camo I did the roof satin battleship grey , you will not be disappointed with that choice , color is really really nice I wish I had some pictures

alexharrel

Reaction score
When I originally wrapped my ram snow camo I did the roof satin battleship grey , you will not be disappointed with that choice , color is really really nice I wish I had some pictures
Thank you that helps me choose! I was leaning that way anyway so I def will go with satin Battleship Grey! I just recently happened to see a matte indigo vehicle and so I’ve been wanting to test it out on the ram and I don’t mind changing colors often. Do you do wraps for a living? I see you change them often

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Thank you that helps me choose! I was leaning that way anyway so I def will go with satin Battleship Grey! I just recently happened to see a matte indigo vehicle and so I’ve been wanting to test it out on the ram and I don’t mind changing colors often. Do you do wraps for a living? I see you change them often
No I do plumbing /heating and air conditioning for a living but I went to school for vinyl wrapping to get certified because I wanted to learn it and possibly do it as a hobby or side work for people I know . Except the side work thing didnt work out , people think because you do it after hours or on the weekends your prices should be cut in half , and I don’t enjoy working for free lol . So I just vinyl wrap my own stuff .

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Here are some photos of my car which I change the color on pretty often , definitely a lot easier then the ram only because of the space I have in the garage ....

EBCD433B-6AEF-453D-8D48-18792C138B5E.jpeg
385A8F13-822A-4993-B0A8-ECBB0C3D4059.jpeg
F53B42A4-B27F-4BA9-84E6-6DF95B6FD1C2.jpeg
One thing I can say about switching up the color often is , it definitely makes you enjoy the car/truck when you start getting bored of it . It’s like getting a new one Everytime , and protects the paint all in one . Definitely worth the money 👍🏼👍🏼

2020RAMLTD5.7

Reaction score
Hey guys,new to the forum. I own a 2020 1500 Limited 5.7 with etorque in the night edition and the paint is black diamond pearl. But I've been thinking about he gorgeous this truck would be in Hydro Blue pearl, with everything else staying blacked out. Wondering how close I could get to that color with a 3m vinyl wrap? Been looking for shops on Long Island, NY. Think I might of found 1 in Syosset. Gonna wait till the warmer weather arrives. Any thoughts,suggestions?

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Hey guys,new to the forum. I own a 2020 1500 Limited 5.7 with etorque in the night edition and the paint is black diamond pearl. But I've been thinking about he gorgeous this truck would be in Hydro Blue pearl, with everything else staying blacked out. Wondering how close I could get to that color with a 3m vinyl wrap? Been looking for shops on Long Island, NY. Think I might of found 1 in Syosset. Gonna wait till the warmer weather arrives. Any thoughts,suggestions?
There’s plenty of other brands then 3m... hexis , KPMF , Avery Dennison , orafol, vivvid , I’m sure one of those companies will get you close to that color .

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out this hydro blue TRX video. Would look similar to this...... looks awesome. The guy needs to learn how to do a burnout though 🤣

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I do plumbing /heating and air conditioning for a living but I went to school for vinyl wrapping to get certified because I wanted to learn it and possibly do it as a hobby or side work for people I know . Except the side work thing didnt work out , people think because you do it after hours or on the weekends your prices should be cut in half , and I don’t enjoy working for free lol . So I just vinyl wrap my own stuff .
I’m not up on wraps simply because the closest thing to vinyl and wrap we had was the in the kitchen - floor covering and the stuff Mom put over the leftovers. I’m old and gray haired, and am curious how much a typical wrap job costs on a Ram. And how long do they last? Easy to take off to replace? Thanks in advance for enlightening me/us old guys.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I’m not up on wraps simply because the closest thing to vinyl and wrap we had was the in the kitchen - floor covering and the stuff Mom put over the leftovers. I’m old and gray haired, and am curious how much a typical wrap job costs on a Ram. And how long do they last? Easy to take off to replace? Thanks in advance for enlightening me/us old guys.
Pick-up trucks are a boat load of work . I’d say price range is anywhere from 5-10,000 depending on the color and brand you choose . As far as how long it lasts really depends on how well you maintain it , how much you use the truck , does it sit outside or inside ? All depends. You’ll get minimum 4-5 years out of a wrap and if we’ll maintained 6 or more . And it comes off easy with steam , just like removing wallpaper .

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I had painted the lower front part of my Rebel bumper a gloss titanium gray (originally it was silver). I recently decided to just do it matte black to match the rest of the front end. I talked to a graphics place here that does wraps and they recommended that I get it painted instead. They said the wrap wouldn't hold up to bugs and stuff hitting it with it being on the front bumper. They were fine with doing a black strip along the bottom of the sides, but didn't think the front was a good idea. But I always see pics like these of cars fully wrapped. I'm in South GA so we have more bugs than the northern guys do. But do you guys have a lot of issues with the wraps getting chipped and torn on the front?

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are some photos of my car which I change the color on pretty often , definitely a lot easier then the ram only because of the space I have in the garage ....

View attachment 81343
View attachment 81344
View attachment 81345
One thing I can say about switching up the color often is , it definitely makes you enjoy the car/truck when you start getting bored of it . It’s like getting a new one Everytime , and protects the paint all in one . Definitely worth the money 👍🏼👍🏼
Man I love that gunmetal one, what do you call that color? I am not doing my truck but am going to be ordering a custom build camper/ice house and we need to choose a wrap for the exterior. I Might go with something like that. Thanks in advance, and I also love the look of your truck, very sharp. I really want to do those rough country LED’s in the grill. I keep talking myself out of it, but everytime I see pics of a truck with them I love the way it looks.

Quint

Reaction score

You changed the brake calipers too....went from red to blue and of course different tires. You're doing more than just the wrap! Fantastic work my friend.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
You changed the brake calipers too....went from red to blue and of course different tires. You're doing more than just the wrap! Fantastic work my friend.
Thanks man appreciate that

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I had painted the lower front part of my Rebel bumper a gloss titanium gray (originally it was silver). I recently decided to just do it matte black to match the rest of the front end. I talked to a graphics place here that does wraps and they recommended that I get it painted instead. They said the wrap wouldn't hold up to bugs and stuff hitting it with it being on the front bumper. They were fine with doing a black strip along the bottom of the sides, but didn't think the front was a good idea. But I always see pics like these of cars fully wrapped. I'm in South GA so we have more bugs than the northern guys do. But do you guys have a lot of issues with the wraps getting chipped and torn on the front?
Plenty of bugs here , especially with the corvette being so low to the ground , never had a issue with bugs chipping vinyl ever . I’ve had my vehicles wrapped for around 5-6years now

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Man I love that gunmetal one, what do you call that color? I am not doing my truck but am going to be ordering a custom build camper/ice house and we need to choose a wrap for the exterior. I Might go with something like that. Thanks in advance, and I also love the look of your truck, very sharp. I really want to do those rough country LED’s in the grill. I keep talking myself out of it, but everytime I see pics of a truck with them I love the way it looks.
The color on that is Avery Matte Gunmetal Grey , I loved that color too . And the rough country 6” grill lights were a pain to install but definitely worth it . The lights aren’t that bright at all , but the looks of it is what I love .

Users who are viewing this thread