5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOW ME YOUR WRAP

alexharrel

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a wrap and would love to get some inspiration! Please drop a pic of your wrap. If there is already a thread for this please send a link, I couldn’t find one.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Definitely nice work!!!
Thanks , I’ve done my z06 a bunch ( much easier lol ) and that was the first time doing the truck and with camo . What I didn’t like was technically with patterns the entire side of the truck should be one piece of vinyl so the camo or whatever pattern you are using lines up from panel to panel , and there was just no room in my garage to do that . So something to keep in mind if you pick a pattern and not a solid color

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Thanks , I’ve done my z06 a bunch ( much easier lol ) and that was the first time doing the truck and with camo . What I didn’t like was technically with patterns the entire side of the truck should be one piece of vinyl so the camo or whatever pattern you are using lines up from panel to panel , and there was just no room in my garage to do that . So something to keep in mind if you pick a pattern and not a solid color
You wrap yourself? How hard is it and how much does it cost for a DIY job? I used to do vinyl graphics back in college but haven't ever attempted a wrap

Nickv1214

Reaction score
You wrap yourself? How hard is it and how much does it cost for a DIY job? I used to do vinyl graphics back in college but haven't ever attempted a wrap
It definitely takes a lot of patience , and to do it correctly involves a lot of disassembly. Trucks usually take a 60-75ft roll so depending on the color choice the price varies . Some rolls for trucks are 600 bucks and some are 2500, all depends on what you like . I’ve done my z06 a couple times like I said, so I enjoy it . Reason I started and wanted to learn was the shops around me that do it , get 3500-6500 for the job and there was no way I was paying them that . But for a decent job that’s what it costs

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jsteinm1

Reaction score
It definitely takes a lot of patience , and to do it correctly involves a lot of disassembly. Trucks usually take a 60-75ft roll so depending on the color choice the price varies . Some rolls for trucks are 600 bucks and some are 2500, all depends on what you like . I’ve done my z06 a couple times like I said, so I enjoy it . Reason I started and wanted to learn was the shops around me that do it , get 3500-6500 for the job and there was no way I was paying them that . But for a decent job that’s what it costs
Interesting. I knew the shop prices were high in that range but never considered buying a roll and doing it myself. Not sure that I'd tackle it but its an attractive option!

alexharrel

Reaction score
Looks great! I can’t decide between satin battleship grey and matte indigo

Users who are viewing this thread