5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I load up a Laramie to keep the 8" screen or go Limited ?

yellowboy

Reaction score
I was wondering if I should load up a Laramie to keep the 8 inch screen (and the knobs which I prefer) or just order a Limited ?
I want all the safety features and the 360 camera but if I read the build specs correctly I can only get the 8 inch screen on the regular Laramie and not the Longhorn. Also, how does the the 360 camera display on the smaller screen ? Thanks

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the 8” screen and also prefer knobs and had this very same discussion (after the fact). It seems like the knobs they delete you probably won’t miss and they keep certain knobs. The knobs actually get confusing sometimes between the radio, temp and now the shifter knob. I know that sounds stupid but it’s true. If I had to do all over again I would do the 12” screen. Either way, good luck!

jojopinto

Reaction score
12" screen is the only way to go. Had mine 5 days now and love it compaired to my 8" on my 2016 ram.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Turin

Reaction score
The surround camera only uses half the screen on the 12" display so as far as that function is concerned there's no advantage over the 8.4" screen.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
If you are going to "load up" a Laramie remember, It is still a Laramie however it has a Limited price. Nothing against a Laramie however come trade in time the Laramie is still a step down from a Limited!

19Jake

Reaction score
12" > only way to go (y)
ram-1500-rebel-12.jpg

Last edited:

JXL118

Reaction score
With the 12 in. there's physical buttons for fan speed, temp, defrost, mode and ac. No you can't fine tune the settings just by feel like you can by turning a dial to a specific rotation but you can still easily make a relative change by tapping the button without looking. I like the system but i also never really had any doubt i would either.

Chris

Reaction score
The Laramie Longhorn has an 8.4" standard, with the 12" optional. The Limited is the one that includes the 12" standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online