5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I have received trailer TPMS sensors with my new 5th gen w/trailer tow package?

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Second row heated seats were gone by 2020.
Well that just sucks....raise the price of the truck every year and take away stuff. Seems that is the American way last 10 to 20 years give you less for more! My family enjoyed the heated 2nd row seats on the 19 very much.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great! They do not have them no more on the Laramies......Suppose they want 5k more for that now that used to be included!
Both of my 4th Gen Laramie’s had heated rear seats. That’s ridiculous they eliminated that option now. Can’t be a huge savings on each truck. Thats why people choose upper trims to get those features. Otherwise what’s the advantage over a well optioned BigHorn at $5,000+ less.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to this thread I learned I was suppose to have some TPMS sensors for the trailer. I looked in the box with all the cameras and there they were.

Thanks
You had cams in a box? I missed the option when I ordered for cams all around thought it would have and it only had rear cam. Would really liked to have cams on front and payload cams like I had on 2019. I used Tazer to turn them on with 2019 Ram and used them quite a bit. I had the advanced safety package on 2019 and only used that feature. Always ran with adaptive Cruse off, land guide off, and auto park off....But did use cams with Tazer while in motion. Never seen where I could ordered with 360 cams only until after I ordered my 23 truck ):

6of36

Reaction score
You had cams in a box? I missed the option when I ordered for cams all around thought it would have and it only had rear cam. Would really liked to have cams on front and payload cams like I had on 2019. I used Tazer to turn them on with 2019 Ram and used them quite a bit. I had the advanced safety package on 2019 and only used that feature. Always ran with adaptive Cruse off, land guide off, and auto park off....But did use cams with Tazer while in motion. Never seen where I could ordered with 360 cams only until after I ordered my 23 truck ):
You have to have advance safety group, to get trailer surround on a Laramie. The truck must have surround. However, it's not available anyway. That's the reason I didn't accept my truck. It was missing. It was supposed to be available again the 2nd week of March, but it is still not available.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

He's referring to the 360° Trailer Surround Camera system. It's a CVPM and 4 cameras that come in a kit.

Which as @6of36 pointed out, requires truck 360°.

Not to be confused with the (single) Trailer Tow camera option that's available with the DRVM.

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Well I know this off thread a little but the 23 also has no 2nd row seat warmers either with a Laramie Sport with exact same trim and options as a 2019 too....but the 2019 2nd row seat warmers the basic truck went up 10k over a 2019 with less on it than 2019!! Now here is another that was included but now have to pay for it!! Ram is getting full of gashit more more....GREED!!!!!

I originally ordered a 23 Laramie with night edition, Level B equipment list and every option checked off.
When truck arrived no heated rear seats and no fender flares. I refused order and changed to Limited.
Sales manager was let go during the time my limited was being built. Anyways except for model year 23, Laramie always had fender flares and standard with LED lights and with level 2 or B equipment group heated rear seats. Shocked that Ram eliminated these items from the Ram!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life...

Does anyone know if the TPMS for the trailer tires will work with any Ram, or just the one that it came with?

Reason I ask is I have the TPMS monitors with my current 2022 Laramie (with NO rear seat heaters like my 2019 thank you very much) and I want to install them on my boat trailer; but you have to break the bead to install them and I really don't want to have to do it all over again with my new Ram (which will be equipped with the tow group again and hopefully a Hemi damnit) in 2025 when my lease is up.

Thank you kindly

6of36

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the TPMS for the trailer tires will work with any Ram, or just the one that it came with?

Reason I ask is I have the TPMS monitors with my current 2022 Laramie (with NO rear seat heaters like my 2019 thank you very much) and I want to install them on my boat trailer; but you have to break the bead to install them and I really don't want to have to do it all over again with my new Ram (which will be equipped with the tow group again and hopefully a Hemi damnit) in 2025 when my lease is up.

Thank you kindly
No Hemi in 25. As long as they don't change frequency, they should work.

Ram8472

Reaction score

Thank you kindly

You can pair the trailer sensors with multiple trucks , they are just dumb transmitters

MarPar

Reaction score
No Hemi in 25. As long as they don't change frequency, they should work.
Now now. Allegedly it's not official yet. Let a man dream for the next 2 years. lol

MarPar

Reaction score
You can pair the trailer sensors with multiple trucks , they are just dumb transmitters
That's what I was hoping.

Now the next question is, who all has installed these things on trailer tires and how did it go?

6of36

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping.

Now the next question is, who all has installed these things on trailer tires and how did it go?
I haven't done these, but have replaced TPMS sensors before. Not that hard. Just break the front bead. The hardest part, may be re seating the beads. Smaller hands will be easier than big ones lol.

MarPar

Reaction score
I haven't done these, but have replaced TPMS sensors before. Not that hard. Just break the front bead. The hardest part, may be re seating the beads. Smaller hands will be easier than big ones lol.
Ya, these meat hooks are definitely not going to help. LOL

Should I use any sort of bead sealer once I get it back together? I've done car tires before, but this is my first trailer and I've heard that they are a different animal.

6of36

Reaction score
Ya, these meat hooks are definitely not going to help. LOL

Should I use any sort of bead sealer once I get it back together? I've done car tires before, but this is my first trailer and I've heard that they are a different animal.
Bead sealer shouldn't be necessary, unless the rims are rusty. I know tire stores sometimes use a little soapy water film to help seat easier.

MarPar

Reaction score
Bead sealer shouldn't be necessary, unless the rims are rusty. I know tire stores sometimes use a little soapy water film to help seat easier.
Gotcha, thanks. The wheels/tires are brand spankin' new so no issues there. I'll give it a shot on the spare first. Guna have to fire up the olde air compressor fer sum bead poppin! lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread