5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I have gone with the 12" screen?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would rather spend $1,800 on the air-suspension than $2,100 on the 12” screen.

That would be a more useful option for you, especially since you plan on exceeding GVWR

OhioGreenLaramie

Reaction score
My Ram has the 12" and my wife's '21 Cherokee Limited has the 8.4". My Ram was dealer stock, not an order. I would not order the 12" if I had a choice, it's ok but I would not miss it.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would rather spend $1,800 on the air-suspension than $2,100 on the 12” screen......
Oh, definitely not for me. I've had the air suspension and it was nice but not worth 2K. Much like many of you feel about the radio not being worth the extra. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with people liking different things.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, definitely not for me. I've had the air suspension and it was nice but not worth 2K. Much like many of you feel about the radio not being worth the extra. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with people liking different things.
The air suspension would have been cool, but it sounds like a way more complicated system to lift or lower. I wanted the 12" screen far more because I love having two separate things available on my screen.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 12" screen just makes the interior look cleaner and more modern. The size of the 8.4" screen isn't the issue for me, it's the knobs. 5 knobs just look really busy.

U

User_3336

The 12" screen just makes the interior look cleaner and more modern. The size of the 8.4" screen isn't the issue for me, it's the knobs. 5 knobs just look really busy.

seriously, 3 more knobs and its "busy"?

U

User_3336

I understand what he is saying. I like the sleek look of just the big screen too.
I understand what you are saying, but looking for some control on a 12 inch screen means taking more focus off the road to find it on the screen, instead of rotating a clearly distinguishable knob for a control.
Law enforcement scolds us from using and looking at our phones while driving, this is no different.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, but looking for some control on a 12 inch screen means taking more focus off the road to find it on the screen, instead of rotating a clearly distinguishable knob for a control.
Law enforcement scolds us from using and looking at our phones while driving, this is no different.
Like what? Everything I use while I'm driving either has a button or is in my favorites. One screen and I'm pretty well set.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have nothing to change while I'm driving along. Change radio? On the steering wheel. Volume? Steering wheel or knob. If I need to change any other setting, I can wait for a stop light. I don't see any issues with either.

U

User_3336

I have nothing to change while I'm driving along. Change radio? On the steering wheel. Volume? Steering wheel or knob. If I need to change any other setting, I can wait for a stop light. I don't see any issues with either.
you've never had to change any climate settings while driving?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or just use the screen if need be. Let’s stop acting like it’s some impossible task to accomplish or just wait till your at a red light I’m pretty sure those still exist if you don’t feel comfortable doing it while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Turn off or adjust the heated/ventilated seat level, turn on or off the heated steering wheel. There are no actual buttons for those, so it requires me to take my eyes off the road for longer than if I just had a button to press. Maybe you don't ever do either of those, but some of us do.

tones2SS

Reaction score
When I order my next Ram truck, I don't think I am going with the 12" screen.
My 4th gen has the 8.4 and it's perfect for me. Plus, I like the way the 8.4 looks on the dash better. Just a personal opinion.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turn off or adjust the heated/ventilated seat level, turn on or off the heated steering wheel. There are no actual buttons for those, so it requires me to take my eyes off the road for longer than if I just had a button to press. Maybe you don't ever do either of those, but some of us do.
I think some people are able to use their peripheral vision better than others.

Users who are viewing this thread