5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I be worried at all with this?

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Seems to me a thing like this should not happen so soon with only 6k on the truck, but it looks like the plastic sleeve around the coil spring is coming loose, do you think its anything I should worry with having the dealer take care of?
coilspring1.jpg coilspring2.jpg

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
Looks like just a coil insulator to prevent noise. If you don’t have any noise or any other problems, I would personally let it fly and re address it closer to your end of warranty and have the shocks replaced then.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Looks like just a coil insulator to prevent noise. If you don’t have any noise or any other problems, I would personally let it fly and re address it closer to your end of warranty and have the shocks replaced then.
Thats a good idea, I plan on installing some billsteins 5100 eventually, but maybe they could replace them with the mopar kit.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems to me a thing like this should not happen so soon with only 6k on the truck, but it looks like the plastic sleeve around the coil spring is coming loose, do you think its anything I should worry with having the dealer take care of?

Hi @STMTRP11 - Should you ever need to work with your dealer for this or any other concerns, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for further support!

Mark
RamCares

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Thank you!
Next time I take it in I'll have them take a look at it and go from there, right now its not causing any noise that I can hear.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you!
Next time I take it in I'll have them take a look at it and go from there, right now its not causing any noise that I can hear.

You are most welcome, thank you for following up! Keep us posted when you have the chance to work with them!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread