5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The concept looked nice and then this? Ugh!

Didn't Ram say it would be best in class across the board? I bet there's very little chance of that without starting from scratch. Slapping on a new front might enable Ram to make the cheapest half ton EV pickup. But that's about it.
Considering the current Ram is already best in class for interior styling and quality, and exterior styling, why mess too much with a good thing? And if you read the articles it's a completely different chassis platform specific to the EV trucks. So they didn't just "slap a new front" on it.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I’m in the minority and am glad it did not go in the direction of the concept. The concept was too over the top, and I wasn’t a fan. I was pleasantly surprised seeing the production photos yesterday. I think it’s the best looking EV truck thus far. With Ram carrying over the current body and majority of the interior, hopefully in the end, it’ll result in less sticker shock once pricing is released. I know it’ll still be up there, but not nearly as much if they designed a whole new truck from the ground up.

ldoh

Reaction score
Considering the current Ram is already best in class for interior styling and quality, and exterior styling, why mess too much with a good thing? And if you read the articles it's a completely different chassis platform specific to the EV trucks. So they didn't just "slap a new front" on it.

When it rolls out as a 2025 model Q4 2024 Gen5 styling will be 6 years old! That's not a good thing and it's worthy of messing with. I've seen no specific info on Ram's website - there's an image of a new EV chassis for the concept though.

Ram had a late start so it makes sense to cut some corners. REV production allows for a tweener ICE/EV option (range extender engine) which is another reason to keep the changes to a min. From what I can tell now, I doubt the initial REV production will be a serious EV half ton contender.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Remove the crazy lights on the front, rear and god awful illuminated emblems and save that wasted energy for longer range. Other than that the truck doesn’t look terrible. Looks WAY better than the concept.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Remove the crazy lights on the front, rear and god awful illuminated emblems and save that wasted energy for longer range. Other than that the truck doesn’t look terrible. Looks WAY better than the concept.
Deleting the LED lighting and emblems you don't like might get you an extra 10' per charge

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Deleting the LED lighting and emblems you don't like might get you an extra 10' per charge
That’s 10’ more than the competition😆

At least it will look better. Why do they have to go bat crap crazy with lights on EV’s? Obviously they wanna stand apart and be more noticeable but at some point that’s WAY over the top and just gaudy looking. Not everybody wants to be noticed. Just make a normal looking truck except it’s electrified. Same with the cars. Most are just butt ugly.

Last edited:

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!​

The First All-Electric Pickup From The Ram Brand...​

View attachment 151519

The Ram Truck brand has just made its biggest debut yet with the all-new Ram 1500 REV. This first battery-electric light-duty pickup truck will be featured later today during the Super Bowl in a 60-second commercial called “Premature Electrification”. While the styling isn’t as radical as the Ram Revolution Concept displayed last month, the production RAM REV is a more traditional-looking RAM truck sharing the current RAM 1500s cab and box sides.

The front end of this truck looks similar to the front end of a Ford Ranger.

No a fan. (n)

abdavis88

Reaction score
It's going to be more like the current production truck than the concept. To help keep costs down, and concepts are always over the top with features and styling. If you want an electric truck that didn't look like a truck buy the Tesla.
no I liked the look of the concept a million times more than the tesla truck. mostly the interior and the doors.

abdavis88

Reaction score
ram-1500-interior-2_ffd4740bd84a265223fed3dc541f0dce-600x400-1.jpg
1 photo ok, this isnt Revolutionary.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
no I liked the look of the concept a million times more than the tesla truck. mostly the interior and the doors.
The doors on concept would never make it into production. They'd never pass crash test safety standards.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm guessing we don't get the avalanche-esque fold down rear seat bed extension or the long cargo bed-to-boot console passthrough either. None of the good ideas, only a spontaneously combusting short range battery and a minor style tweak.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The front end of this truck looks similar to the front end of a Ford Ranger.

No a fan. (n)
I was thinking they phoned it in and took heavy cues from the durango srt.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I just say that Ram's "Premature Electrification" ad was brilliant!
I loved the dude with the bent fishing pole who couldn't cast out.

We can debate the merits of their engineering approach, but their marketing group is firing on all cylinders!
Yes the marketing team did not disappoint! Absolute fire!

As for the truck, I actually like the styling and it looks very production ready.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Exactly what I was thinking and the truck needs to sell in decent numbers so why make a crazy-styled truck that only some will like? Better to play it safe, much like Ford did with the lightning as will appeal to a wider range of people.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
To me I prefer the styling of this production version to what was shown to us a couple of months ago. The styling of the fifth generation is still one of the best in the market. Don't see why others are complaining...any way as the saying goes, 'one man's meat is another man's poison'.
If this thing can get more than ~350 miles single charge, I'm all for it. Placed my $100 refundable deposit already.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The concept looked nice and then this? Ugh!

Didn't Ram say it would be best in class across the board? I bet there's very little chance of that without starting from scratch. Slapping on a new front might enable Ram to make the cheapest half ton EV pickup. But that's about it.
It's funny how many people complained about how the concept looked, and that they would be interested "if it looked more like a truck" in threads for the concept truck. Then, when it's revealed (and looks very much like current 1500's) people complain that it looks too much like a regular Ram truck. I think Ram did well in keeping it (mostly) conventional looking.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's funny how many people complained about how the concept looked, and that they would be interested "if it looked more like a truck" in threads for the concept truck. Then, when it's revealed (and looks very much like current 1500's) people complain that it looks too much like a regular Ram truck. I think Ram did well in keeping it (mostly) conventional looking.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Keeping it looking more like current Ram was the smart move for sales. Sure there would be people who would have bought the concept version, but not as many

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wished it looked more like a Rebel or TRX, rather than a Limited. Not quite "trucky" enough for my tastes.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may be the minor here but I like this more then the concept lol. Yeah the headlights and taillights could be better. Basically make it a 5th gen with electric motors lol. Very seldom is a concept what they end up producing, gotta remember it still had to pass crash ratings etc which a concept probably won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The doors on concept would never make it into production. They'd never pass crash test safety standards.
Would be a nightmare in parking lots and you would also have to have the front door open to open the back door. not practical at all.

Users who are viewing this thread