5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shifter selector

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've inadvertently shifted to park when I wanted to shift to drive from reverse a couple times when I wasn't fully engaged with what I was doing.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve had this shifter for almost 5 years now , if I wasn’t used to it by now there would be something wrong . lol
Same for me. I did that my fair share of times in the 2015 I used to own, but I haven't done it for years now. If anything I tend to reach for the non-existent dial shifter in other cars I drive occasionally.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Often. I also find that if I ever had an emergency i.e. have to reverse quickly then put it in drive quickly, I am not as fast as I am with a manual or traditional automatic because I can easily overturn the dual. Trying to hone my dial skills.

Grimey

Reaction score
Who here still ends up turning down their radio volume instead of putting their truck in park?

It took me a while to get used to the dial. I prefer the dial over the console shifter as the centre console in the Ram is far superior to anything else on the market today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem...
Currently driving a Challenger loaner from the dealer (rental actually), and a couple of times over the last few days I've reached for the dash to a non-existent rotary dial instead of the center-console shifter to put it in drive. Pretty hilarious actually. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

RebelJC

Reaction score
I've only done it about 3 times in 2 months, but usually when I'm heavily distracted.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem...
Currently driving a Challenger loaner from the dealer (rental actually), and a couple of times over the last few days I've reached for the dash to a non-existent rotary dial instead of the center-console shifter to put it in drive. Pretty hilarious actually. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I’ve done this in my work truck f150 lol

Users who are viewing this thread