5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shell rotella gas truck oil - Pretty good price online right now

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was finally able to order some. Was never able to do the ship to home through website, but one of my local stores finally had some in stock, so snagged 6 jugs of the 5w-20. Will go pick it up tomorrow.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was able to stack the 15% off coupon too. 30qts for $53.

Worked for me last week i when bought 7-5qts but now when i try to buy some more oil for my wife car it stated "EXCLUDED ITEM FROM K21 PROMOTION", well still good deal tho.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to pick up the 6 jugs I ordered online last night. Store said they didn't have any, even though thier system says they have 10 in stock. . They searched the store for about 15 minutes looking at it. said they were getting another truck in tonight so would call me when it arrived. Never got a call, so thinking they didn't have any on the truck either

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Went to pick up the 6 jugs I ordered online last night. Store said they didn't have any, even though thier system says they have 10 in stock. . They searched the store for about 15 minutes looking at it. said they were getting another truck in tonight so would call me when it arrived. Never got a call, so thinking they didn't have any on the truck either
I returned today and bought 24qts of 0w-20 for the Jeep. Ordered ahead on the phone and it took about 5 min for the kid to find it in their system meanwhile I’m having to repeatedly explain the product name. Then he said they don’t carry it. I had to remind Kevin that he sold me 30qts yesterday. I was able to score with the coupon again. But I think that run is over.
4 oil changes, that’s two years for the wife’s rig. A simple but satisfying win.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So got an email today that my order was ready to pick up. Went to the store expecting to get my 6 jugs of Rotella. Got to the store and they once again said they don't have any as it's been discontinued and can't get anymore. When I asked about the email saying my order was ready to pick up, the day manager pointed out the cart sitting at end of counter with 6 jugs of Mobil1 Truck/SUV and said since the system was wrong about stock and I was told that it would be available, they are giving me the Mobil1 for the same price as the Rotella in order to clear the order out of the system.

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_151428.jpg
    IMG_20200821_151428.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 28

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Discontinued? That's no good. Glad I horded it some while it lasted.

I'd say they treated you well by giving you the M1 at the same sale price.

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Haven't done much research on this oil since I just changed with PUP but a lot of you are saying its competition to that so I have to check it out for sure. Nice deal you guys were able to get as well.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Discontinued? That's no good. Glad I horded it some while it lasted.

I'd say they treated you well by giving you the M1 at the same sale price.

It's not being discontinued, it's getting a new rating like when they originally started with a SA rating and now they are at SN.

WV Bubba

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up 50 quarts @ 1.58 per quart with 25% off coupon. That should cover oil changes in these two for a while.
d3a5b748852b2488681a41934d15845f.jpg
e97bfbc6fc384bd0fae113ffef1c1154.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RSZ

Reaction score
I dumped the factory fill at 1000KM and put in RGT 5w-20. Seems like a good oil for the money doubly so on these crazy deals you people have in the US. In Canada it comes on sale quite regularly for $32 Canadian.

It appears as though it is just Quaker State Ultimate Durability in a different bottle. The VOA's people have posted on BITOG appear identical.

Bassinb

Reaction score
Cleaned out Advance of this stuff in my neck of the woods. 16 jugs lol. At $10/5qts synthetic its gonna go in every 4 stroke engine I have.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cleaned out Advance of this stuff in my neck of the woods. 16 jugs lol. At $10/5qts synthetic its gonna go in every 4 stroke engine I have.
Same. I picked up 17 more quarts today. I just don't see the harm in stockpiling at reduced cost.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI, Mobil 1 has rebates available thru September. $22 for a 5 quart jug at Walmart with a $10 Mobil 1 rebate so its $12 in the end.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some may call us horders. I call us true Americans stockpiling oil. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online