5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service traction control

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Did some trail runs, nothing major, just some forest service road in smoky mountains, some of the roads were pretty snarly though. It’s amazing what a 19 bone stock truck with bone stock tires on 22 inch rims would do. Ended up with service traction control light as I hit the paved roads though . I will take it to the service center once I get home, but any ideas what it could be? Anyone else had similar experience?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did some trail runs, nothing major, just some forest service road in smoky mountains, some of the roads were pretty snarly though. It’s amazing what a 19 bone stock truck with bone stock tires on 22 inch rims would do. Ended up with service traction control light as I hit the paved roads though . I will take it to the service center once I get home, but any ideas what it could be? Anyone else had similar experience?
Try turning the traction control off and on. Turn truck off and on? Maybe there’s dirt / sand or something stuck somewhere or on a sensor? Your driving it too hard lol! Good luck!

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Try turning the traction control off and on. Turn truck off and on? Maybe there’s dirt / sand or something stuck somewhere or on a sensor? Your driving it too hard lol! Good luck!

Tried both, didn’t work. May be she doesn’t like being driven on paved roads anymore lol. Dirt on sensor is highly probable. Will find out when I drive back tomorrow through some rain as the weatherman says. O well, dealer will deal with it. Hopefully not a 3 month wait for parts like everything else in this Covid world.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Update. After driving like 200 miles and about 4 restarts the CEL has now cleared. I did make an appointment so will get it checked anyway.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi FirstTimeRamDriver,
If you'd like any additional assistance alongside your dealer, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread