5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Throttle Control

JaguarLeaper

Reaction score
3300 miles 2021 Longhorn Ecodiesel. While ramping up from 10mph to 45mph, the red Service Electronic Throttle Control warning came on and the engine died. I was able to turn the truck to off by pressing the start button. When I tried to start it again to move it out of the lane, the starter ran constantly without starting (no fuel). By holding the start button down 5+seconds, I was able to stop the starter. It seemed to reset the system, as I was able to press start again to turn it off. I pressed start again and it started, with the service engine light on. It operated normally on the drive to service. The service department said it threw a computer code that fuel pressure was too high, then too low. It's in the shop waiting to be examined.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @JaguarLeaper,

We would like to offer our assistance in tandem with your dealer appointment. Please send us your VIN via private message to get started!

Hannah
Ram Cares

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Keep us updated!

Gritdiesel

Reaction score
What’s the status on this? I just had the same thing happen to me except I can get the truck to start. The starter runs, but it won’t fire up. Service Electronic Throttle Control light on the dash. Waiting on a tow truck now. Unbelievable. Not sure why I bought a brand new truck…

Users who are viewing this thread