5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service electronic stability control

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
So today I was driving my rebel and crossed over some raised railroad tracks. I didnt necessarily slow down or even hit it too fast. I kept consistent speed as normal. However today, the truck decided to throw an error message telling me to sevice the electronic stability control and put up a service light. Turned the truck off and let it be, the service transmission light is still on, but no more message. Any idea what may have caused it? Or how to fix it other than taking it to the dealership.

Last edited:

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
I’d put a reader on it and see if you can pull any codes but after that I would def take it to the dealer.
Yea just put it on a reader. Apparently its not the stability control. It threw a code for the throttle response. I guess somehow a tire got off the ground....causing my rpms to shoot up? I'll grab the exact code when I get home.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
had this issue in march, rear speed sensor was toast, dealer fix no cost

Users who are viewing this thread