5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Airbag Systems

abeach1995

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn with 1,600 miles on it, and the service airbag system light recently came on, is there a easy fix to this without going to the dealer ? Anyone else experience this.

KMach

Reaction score
Check for a waterbottle or something under the front seats. Usually the cause.

KMach

Reaction score
If wiggling the harness under the seats and moving the front seats back and forth dont clear it while its running its something else. The airbag system is live as soon as a fault goes stored the airbag light will go out. Could be a clockspring amongst many other things.

abeach1995

Reaction score
If wiggling the harness under the seats and moving the front seats back and forth dont clear it while its running its something else. The airbag system is live as soon as a fault goes stored the airbag light will go out. Could be a clockspring amongst many other things.
**** on a brand new truck 🤦 and I’m not sure which harness under seat belongs to airbag do you know which one ? I do know one plug goes to the brake assist.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer is your only option... You really don't want to play with it... I'd be really concerned if my Airbag light was on...

abeach1995

Reaction score
Dealer is your only option... You really don't want to play with it... I'd be really concerned if my Airbag light was on...
Ended up being front right impact sensor that shorted out somehow, beats me how when my truck is only a month old with 1700 miles on it.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Ended up being front right impact sensor that shorted out somehow, beats me how when my truck is only a month old with 1700 miles on it.
That means no airbags!!! That's why I'd take it right away if I have a AB light...
Good thing it was only an easy sensor replacement fix

Users who are viewing this thread