5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Air Suspension message

sfsflyer

Reaction score
My 22 1500 Limited(with 22,000 miles) gave me a Service Air Suspension message . I took it in to the dealer and they found the left rear Spring assembly leaking. New part needed, but apparently this part, MOPAR 68260938AB, is on nationwide backorder. I spent a few hours calling around to dozens of dealerships and the couple dealers that did have it only did so because they had requested it for a customer. Both had said that it took around 6 weeks to receive it. I have also searched all of the online MOPAR parts store with no luck. I am awaiting a call back from RAM Cares to discuss a rental while my truck is out of commission. Does anyone have any recommendations on finding the part? Thanks

dajogejr

Reaction score
The link you gave is a dealer in Texas, did you call them to see if they actually have it on the shelf?
If so… I’d talk to your dealer about if you could purchase the part, have it sent directly to your dealer and get reimbursed?
I was able to put it in a shopping cart to purchase, didn’t say it was out of stock or on back order….

I don’t **think** RAM Cares is going to be able to get you a rental for that kind of duration, but never hurts to ask.
The days of most dealers offering a loaner for anything more than a few days are behind us…

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The days of most dealers offering a loaner for anything more than a few days are behind us…
Dealers only get reimbursed for so many days now from Stellantis. This is another cost savings plan by the CEO, this guy is killing the brands. They used to pay unlimited if there was a part delay, they have cut that down to 7 business days(no weekends) iirc. I would like to also state, they are rarely loaners. Someone/department is paying for the use of that vehicle.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Dealers only get reimbursed for so many days now from Stellantis. This is another cost savings plan by the CEO, this guy is killing the brands. They used to pay unlimited if there was a part delay, they have cut that down to 7 business days(no weekends) iirc. I would like to also state, they are rarely loaners. Someone/department is paying for the use of that vehicle.
Even the max care warranty only provides up to 7 days…. For a repair covered under warranty…. years ago I can remember having a car for a few weeks. Shame…

Users who are viewing this thread