5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service 4WD light on at 637 miles

ProudPapaBear

Reaction score
I’ve been happy with my two-week old 2019 Laramie Sport until yesterday. We got snow in the metro Denver area so on the way to work I switched from 2WD to 4AUTO. Seemed indecisive for about 2 seconds, then switched. I immediately got the 4WD warning icon, then a few seconds later got the service 4WD light. Tried cycling through 4LOW to 4HIGH to 4AUTO and back to 2WD (as recommended by another thread which I can’t find), with no success. I was really hoping that would work. I’m almost positive the truck isn’t fully back in 2WD mode, and my gas mileage is dropping steadily like I’m in 4WD. I’ve got less than 650 miles on my truck - praying this isn’t trend-setting. 1FFC1DBA-0E57-4E4F-B526-E5311E7E90BF.jpeg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve been happy with my two-week old 2019 Laramie Sport until yesterday. We got snow in the metro Denver area so on the way to work I switched from 2WD to 4AUTO. Seemed indecisive for about 2 seconds, then switched. I immediately got the 4WD warning icon, then a few seconds later got the service 4WD light. Tried cycling through 4LOW to 4HIGH to 4AUTO and back to 2WD (as recommended by another thread which I can’t find), with no success. I was really hoping that would work. I’m almost positive the truck isn’t fully back in 2WD mode, and my gas mileage is dropping steadily like I’m in 4WD. I’ve got less than 650 miles on my truck - praying this isn’t trend-setting.

Hello,
We are terribly sorry to hear that this happened to your new vehicle. Have you had the opportunity to have your dealer inspect your vehicle? If you decide to schedule an appointment please feel free to send us a private message.

Lamar
RAM Cares

ProudPapaBear

Reaction score
I took it back early Saturday morning. They had it corrected with 10 minutes. The service department manager said it must have been a piece of ice that nudged a sensor and that it’s good to go. I was happy on one hand, and very much concerned on the other. We had a small amount of snow and ice in the road, and this is supposed to be a fully-capable (new) 4x4 Truck of the Year. It got possibly thrown off by a single piece of ice... in October... in Colorado? Nervously anticipating Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March...

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Seriously?
Yes, sell it before value drops further and your in my boat in a dispute. Vehicles this new should not have issues.
I'm owned tons of rides and never had issues so new.. so the good vehicles are out there, it just ain't the ones we have lol

Users who are viewing this thread