5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sensitive parking sensors

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck
If you could please let me know if you get anything in terms of a deal fix

15 months ownership 11 trips to the dealerships and still an issue (amongst a few others all ongoing)

Only ‘fix’ I have been suggested is to turn it off
Don’t know how that helps me with a system that I bought as another safety layer to avoid running kids over or hitting things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had the same issue and had my dealership look at it. I told them it was way too sensitive and would brake almost every time I backed up. I don't know what the TSB says but they used 08-047-19 and updated my ParkSense software from 68271822AI to 68440530AC. It's 95% better than it used to be.

It still happens every so often but you can't program for everything. Now the only times it sometimes erroneously happens is when I'm backing out of a steep driveway or at night after a good rain and there's a big glare off the pavement in the road from a street light.

I don't know if all the numbers still apply as I had this done last April. There might be a newer update out there.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had the same issue and had my dealership look at it. I told them it was way too sensitive and would brake almost every time I backed up. I don't know what the TSB says but they used 08-047-19 and updated my ParkSense software from 68271822AI to 68440530AC. It's 95% better than it used to be.

It still happens every so often but you can't program for everything. Now the only times it sometimes erroneously happens is when I'm backing out of a steep driveway or at night after a good rain and there's a big glare off the pavement in the road from a street light.

I don't know if all the numbers still apply as I had this done last April. There might be a newer update out there.

Attachments

• Ram Park Sense 08-047-19 417.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 31

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine got worse after TSB 08-047-19. Turned it off, tired of getting whiplash.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
lol, I turned them off once...then almost backed into a skinny pole I missed seeing in the mirror or backup cam.

Turned them right back on. I have noticed through trial and error that the speed of which you back up seems to correlate to how sensitive they are....backup up slowly and have yet to have it auto brake with the red warning message.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Button on the dash. You can go into the settings and just turn off the braking so the sensors still warn you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
First pick is where you turn the sensors off. Second pic is where you turn the braking off.
2c04bd92091813838871c36df59d16ce.jpg
379c0ca834a9d2af83cb8abb4247d5f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

408megacab

Reaction score
I just put my hitch on my 2500 today and when I put the truck into reverse, the chime/beep is constant-----it's as if the truck thinks I'm going to hit the hitch----which is connected to my truck!

I'd love to know if anyone else has this same issue....

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not have a 2500 but never had this issue with mine.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
Yes. My sensors threw alarms every time a shrub was near my front bumper in the drive through lane, so I turned them off.

Then the sensors, both front and rear, began slamming the brakes if I was at the bottom of a hill (like your driveway example), or if I was backing up with grass behind me. A 4x4 Rebel, designed for off-roading that's scared of grass. :rolleyes: I disabled all of it.

The only reason the brakes get applied in my truck is when I, the driver, decide to apply them. It's amazing that I've made it all these years of driving without running over pedestrians at every turn. To me this is the worst "feature" on the truck. I turned them off, but now i have to live with the yellow warning light that tells me I turned them off. :rolleyes:

ShortStack

Reaction score
My rear sensors and brake assist don't do anything if the vehicle isn't in reverse. Do yours?
Believe it or not my FRONT sensor goes off when I'm in REVERSE and close to the object in FRONT of me. What the hell is that bout ??

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Believe it or not my FRONT sensor goes off when I'm in REVERSE and close to the object in FRONT of me. What the hell is that bout ??
Yep, stupid *** design in my opinion. Why not disable the front sensors in reverse. I guess the side front sensors could help when backing up and turning and you get close to something on the side.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, stupid *** design in my opinion. Why not disable the front sensors in reverse. I guess the side front sensors could help when backing up and turning and you get close to something on the side.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Yep, they protect you from swinging the front into something. Although they can be annoying, I'm okay with the sensors keeping me from putting a dent in my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread