5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sell or scrap stock exhaust?

trithumb

Reaction score
I replaced my stock exhaust with about 100 miles on it. It has the black tips so I might be able to sell those since you can easily just swap them out. But in regards to the rest of the system, is it better to sell it or scrap it? I cant think of many reasons a stock exhaust would sell for a truck body style that is only on its 3rd year. Just making sure I am not throwing money out the door.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Probably not a great market as you say, however there have been occasion on the forum where members wanted to go back to stock. I think in one case the member was selling/trading in his truck and was then selling the modified exhaust. You can peruse the buy/sell on this forum, maybe you can get some info from there.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I replaced my stock exhaust with about 100 miles on it. It has the black tips so I might be able to sell those since you can easily just swap them out. But in regards to the rest of the system, is it better to sell it or scrap it? I cant think of many reasons a stock exhaust would sell for a truck body style that is only on its 3rd year. Just making sure I am not throwing money out the door.
Scrap the muffler and sell the tips! That's what I did. The muffler is way too big and bulky and super expensive to ship anyway.

Pino F

Reaction score
Where are you located?

Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Someone bought my factory exhaust off of Facebook marketplace locally in Dallas when I put on my magnaflow.

du4life25

Reaction score
I wish I would’ve jumped on those exhaust tips the other day when they were first listed. If anyone has a set of black ones that they’re looking to get rid of let me know.

trithumb

Reaction score
I wish I would’ve jumped on those exhaust tips the other day when they were first listed. If anyone has a set of black ones that they’re looking to get rid of let me know.
did you read my post? lol I am literally trying to get rid of them.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Probably not a great market as you say, however there have been occasion on the forum where members wanted to go back to stock. I think in one case the member was selling/trading in his truck and was then selling the modified exhaust. You can peruse the buy/sell on this forum, maybe you can get some info from there.
That’s me. Installed B2, but the note change every time MDS kicked in was just too much for me, so I went back to stock after a couple of months. Glad I kept the original exhaust. Sold the B2 to another member on this forum.

Cheers,

Jako

Reaction score
That’s me. Installed B2, but the note change every time MDS kicked in was just too much for me, so I went back to stock after a couple of months. Glad I kept the original exhaust. Sold the B2 to another member on this forum.

Cheers,
Thanks for the step up. Also good information and another opinion if you are thinking of changing out the exhaust.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for the step up. Also good information and another opinion if you are thinking of changing out the exhaust.
Absolutely.
Really loved that exhaust. Nice growl and perfect note. Had it not been for MDS, it would still be on the truck.

Cheers,

trithumb

Reaction score

Cheers,
I hear you on that. I have the borla atak exhaust and when it flips over it was a little annoying to listen to. I have gotten used to it though, that combo'd with music playing. I dont really hear it anymore. The real test will be next month on an 11 hour drive. we shall see.

trithumb

Reaction score
My apologies, I guess I should've been a little more clear as I was referring to Securityguy's post about tips.
No need to apologize, but I guess you're still missing the point. I am selling my exhaust. After hearing from other members I will be selling just the black tips. If you are interested let me know

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Absolutely.
Really loved that exhaust. Nice growl and perfect note. Had it not been for MDS, it would still be on the truck.

Cheers,
All you had to do is put the gear limiter on -8 and call it a day. Did that on my 2019 from day 1 and doing it now on my 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread