5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sell me on RAM

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not say the math ever really works out going diesel, but I just checked the other day and near me diesel was .20 cents less that unleaded. My current vehcile takes premium so for me if I went with a diesel, at todays prices, it is a .50 cent a gallon swing for me.
You're lucky then. I just drove through SC today and unleaded 87 was 2.09 and diesel was 2.89. That's an 80 cent spread. I checked near me the other day and it was 60 cents difference.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You've got plenty of answers but I was in the same scenario. I'm not quite as tall as you but I am 6'2 and my wife is 5'10. We have two little ones still in car seats. We've got more room between the front seats and rear seats in the Ram than we do in the Pacifica minivan we also own. Obviously the Pacifica has other perks but the cabin on the Ram is huge.

I was sold on an F150 as well and actually would've probably bought one if they had the 3.5 on the lot I had been looking at. I too loved the styling of the new rams but really had to have the led lights and the Ramboxes. I told my wife that I may as well test drive one before we went all in on a Ford. As soon as I saw my truck as we're pulling I was in love and as soon as I drove it I told my wife "I don't care how much they want - I'm leaving with this truck today." lol luckily I was able to secure 10k in discounts so it wasn't that bad but it was dang near love at first sight. It blew everything about the Ford away imo.

I'd say I need to revisit it with the new F150 but I'm not really a fan of their exterior or revised interior. When the first images of the new exterior leaked was when I went shopping for 2020s. Obviously that's a personal choice.

Another thing that sold me on Ram was that it seems like every brand has their own unique set of issues. There are always lemons. No manufacturer has a perfect record. At this point I feel like you should buy what you want because the majority of any of these full size pick ups SHOULD serve you well for a good long while. My dad has owned 3 Rams since 2003 maybe even a 90s model I'm forgetting and he's never had any real issues.

Users who are viewing this thread