5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self Parallel Park

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks - had been wanting to see that. That spot looked kind of wide though. If he thinks that is a jam packed lot he should visit some Texas dealers! They fold in the mirrors to physically clear the next vehicle.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks - had been wanting to see that. That spot looked kind of wide though. If he thinks that is a jam packed lot he should visit some Texas dealers! They fold in the mirrors to physically clear the next vehicle.

Yeah I feel like I could have landed a 747 in that spot, definitely far from tight but the system does appear to work well.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A little video of the Parallel parking feature and how it works, Kind of cool to see it actually working.

I noticed on parallel parking he said it had to be on the right. The owners manual says you can switch sides by using your left turn signal. Right side is default for obvious reasons but good to know.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Truth in reporting. The feature is hit and miss in my experience. My dealer demonstrated two different trucks with the feature and both were hit and miss. When it works it's pretty cool.

sgk

Reaction score
now how many of us will actually use it? had it for about 2 years in my wife GC. and yet to even attempt it. Will i get addicted to it if i try it?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man...I feel like if someone (my wife) feels like she needs to use this to park...she's probably ran into 7 things on the way to the parking spot already. I say this very lovingly....But my wife literally t-boned my jeep in the driveway last summer.

Users who are viewing this thread