5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Bypass Module in Seattle

banman910

Reaction score
Does anyone have a security bypass module and experience using it in the Seattle area?

I recently installed the OEM trailer brake controller but I'm having problems flashing the computer. I purchased a bypass module, OBDII reader, and AlphaOBD but I'm still having issues.

I'm wondering if there is anyone in the greater Seattle (I live in Burien) area that would be willing to let me use theirs to finish the install of my brake controller.

Feel free to message me. Thanks!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have a security bypass module and experience using it in the Seattle area?

I recently installed the OEM trailer brake controller but I'm having problems flashing the computer. I purchased a bypass module, OBDII reader, and AlphaOBD but I'm still having issues.

I'm wondering if there is anyone in the greater Seattle (I live in Burien) area that would be willing to let me use theirs to finish the install of my brake controller.

do you know the code for the brake controller?
it is a three digit
it will be listed on a POC
someone here will have it and post it

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

What bypass are you using? Are you unsure where to plug it in? The security gateway is directly above the OBD port, with the two connectors for it facing straight down to the floor.
Once you plug the bypass in, plug the OBD interface in, pair it to your Android or windows device, connect to AlfaOBD, and proceed to make the changes. If you’re not sure how to navigate through AlfaOBD, I can give you more detailed instructions.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
do you know the code for the brake controller?
it is a three digit
it will be listed on a POC
someone here will have it and post it
The sales code is irrelevant when enabling the ITBM with AlfaOBD.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
why is it needed on other things?
It’s not, unless having the dealer try to activate the feature. With AlfaOBD, you are changing the raw setting names in the BCM, not sales codes.

banman910

Reaction score
What bypass are you using? Are you unsure where to plug it in? The security gateway is directly above the OBD port, with the two connectors for it facing straight down to the floor.
Once you plug the bypass in, plug the OBD interface in, pair it to your Android or windows device, connect to AlfaOBD, and proceed to make the changes. If you’re not sure how to navigate through AlfaOBD, I can give you more detailed instructions.
I'm using a bypass I bought off amazon. I followed all the instructions from a post on this forum and it was still not working. I'm pretty good with tech so my guess is that it's a faulty or wrong bypass. I can always send it back but I thought I might find a good Samaritan willing to help me out.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so you've disconnected the gateway and you've plugged the bypass into the harness. You are plugging into the OBD2 port on the harness and not the one on the truck right?

flynjay

Reaction score
I'm using a bypass I bought off amazon. I followed all the instructions from a post on this forum and it was still not working. I'm pretty good with tech so my guess is that it's a faulty or wrong bypass. I can always send it back but I thought I might find a good Samaritan willing to help me out.
The bypass is literally just shorting 4 sets of 3 pins together. I created my own with some spare RC electronics parts. Very little to go wrong there. You could test the bypass to see that the three pins in each row all have continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread