5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat Interior(s)

paramehdic

Reaction score
Looking to get my first truck and 19 Ram is looking to be my pick.
Wondering if anyone has compared "Leather-faced" vs "Premium leather" seats
Premium appears to be available on Laramie Longhorn and Limited whereas Leather-faced is available on Sport/Laramie
Budgeting and trying to figure out the must have vs nice to have options.

JXL118

Reaction score
I would definitely suggest finding a dealer to compare. I was looking at the same difference not so much because budget but because i like the monochromatic sport/black package look.

To me there was a very noticeable difference in the quality of the interior between the Laramie and the Limited. Enough that i decided to go with a limited with the chrome grill and accents on the outside of the truck when i order.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Completely agree that you should sit in them first before spending up. The difference is evident between “premium” (full grain leather all over the seat) and “leather trimmed” like the Laramie, where full grain leather is only used on some narrow strips to the sides of your legs, and a single panel behind your shoulders as far as I could tell. The other portions of the Laramie seats feel like they are a mixture of suede and perforated leatherette, not too bad but certainly thinner feeling.

Premium leather is nice, but boy you have to pay up if you want it. Therefore Laramie for me... someday.

ADDED: This “Leather 101” page was helpful to me, note their brief description up top of “leather-trimmed.”
https://www.leatherseats.com/leathe...=LS101&cHash=36205091dcf993a803b0851f2ca5887e

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As @JXL118 said there is a noticeable difference between the Laramie and Longhorn/Limited interior. Thats not to say the Laramie interior is bad, its still very nice and at the top of the class compared to competitors, that said the Longhorn and Limited interior is amazing. Enough so that I am probably going to forgo my favorite exterior color and look to get the Limited.

JXL118

Reaction score
Yeah, i really want the advanced safety group with the adaptive cruise control which requires group 2 on the Laramie. I also want the 12in screen. At that point the price difference between the Laramie and Limited starts disappearing pretty fast. Though i am disappointed that they don't offer the sport package and limit the available colors on the limited.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, i really want the advanced safety group with the adaptive cruise control which requires group 2 on the Laramie. I also want the 12in screen. At that point the price difference between the Laramie and Limited starts disappearing pretty fast. Though i am disappointed that they don't offer the sport package and limit the available colors on the limited.

I'm having the same problem, I want a loaded Laramie Sport, that puts me within ~$1000 of a loaded Limited. I'm probably going to go with the Limited with body colored bumpers, add the sport hood and get the remaining chrome vinyl wrapped and do black badges.

I would bet good money if they did a "Sport package" Limited they'd sell a ton of them.

Reactions: sgk

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, I want a loaded Laramie Sport, that puts me within ~$1000 of a loaded Limited. I'm probably going to go with the Limited with body colored bumpers, add the sport hood and get the remaining chrome vinyl wrapped and do black badges.

I would bet good money if they did a "Sport package" Limited they'd sell a ton of them.

The best of both worlds? Enter the Corvette Grand Sports lol. Z06 body with nothing internally and it sold great.

ryelinek

Reaction score

Depending on how long you keep it think of resale too. A fully loaded Laramie that is so close to a Limited in price won’t be worth the same over time. Higher trim will always be worth more and has those higher quality materials used throughout.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My last vehicle was a MB SUV. BMW before that, and Audi before it.
The leather on my RAM is the best quality of all three thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread