5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat fan doesn't blow hard enough.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the truck in today at my original dealer after waiting many weeks (this would be 2nd opinion since 1st dealership wouldn't do much of anything). They have been working on it for 3 1/2hrs now and finally gave me an update. They said they called Star and looked into any cases but there are none. They pulled in a vehicle from the lot and it is working the same they state. I had to again explain to them that the fan is infact working but the "pull" of air is no where near what the passenger seat it. I told them about the paper trick so they can see so now they went back and will talk with the tech again. I'm going to believe this is a loss cause to actually get it fixed. Just short of replacing the cushioning in the upper part of the seat, Star and Ram Customer Care, aren't going to do anything about it.

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Positive news on this and it might be something any who is having this issue as well. The service manager called to say the truck is ready for pickup but they found the issue. It was the seat back cushion is the wrong one. the foam has no holes in it so the air wasn't getting through. They compared it to the passenger seat and a different vehicle. They are ordering me a new seat back and the correct cushion that should be for the ventilated seat. It will take a few weeks to get it but this should hopefully fix the issue.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Positive news on this and it might be something any who is having this issue as well. The service manager called to say the truck is ready for pickup but they found the issue. It was the seat back cushion is the wrong one. the foam has no holes in it so the air wasn't getting through. They compared it to the passenger seat and a different vehicle. They are ordering me a new seat back and the correct cushion that should be for the ventilated seat. It will take a few weeks to get it but this should hopefully fix the issue.
I don't wanna say I told you so, but...
It's possible the seat back isn't perforated correctly/at all or the incorrect piece of padding is in between fan and seat. So even if the fan is working it won't accomplish anything.

Glad they found the problem, and they're providing a solution!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must have been a friday truck, the guy on the passenger side didn't show up, and someone from bumpers was filling in.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't wanna say I told you so, but...

Glad they found the problem, and they're providing a solution!

Haha, I must of missed that post but glad you pointed it out. new cushion should be here in roughly 2 weeks and the new seat cover in a few days. Hopefully this puts it to bed and other guys can get the same resolution without having to go to multiple dealers or multiple times to a dealer to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread