5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen went black on second drive, cold weather

sashby77

Reaction score
Just traded my 2019 3500 Denali Duramax for a 2019 Doge Ram Limited. Super happy with the truck being a first time Ram owner, but on second time I have driven the truck the 12in display completely went black. It was -8 this morning and kinda sucks you have no other options but the defrost. No radio, no cameras, nothing but the manual defrost and temperature controls. Thank goodness for the defrost at the least. Any fixes???

Barnyard

Reaction score
Mine does that occasionally. It's annoying, but I just haven't had time to get to the dealer. When it does it, I can turn the radio off, then back on and it's fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

sashby77

Reaction score
Mine does that occasionally. It's annoying, but I just haven't had time to get to the dealer. When it does it, I can turn the radio off, then back on and it's fine.

I tried everything and couldn't get the display to respond. I will take it to the dealer and see what they come up with, if I get a fix I'll post it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Three times for my 8" nav screen (turning radio on/off did nothing in my cases), two occasions OK on next start up, one corrected itself in 2-3 minutes. Need to keep a log on situation. Can't see the dealer doing much at this point with an intermittent problem of this nature.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow that blows on a new truck. Let us know how you make out. In the meantime...

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread