5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen turns off but still functions

ppowell1983

Reaction score
So, today after shifting into reverse or turning on the backup camera manually and then turning off the backup camera the screen turns off and won’t turn on. Although the touch screen still functions. I turned off the truck and turned it back on. It started doing that today. I have a video but i can’t seem to figure out how to attach it. I have an appointment on Tuesday for wind noise, we will see what they say about this. The truck is 3 weeks old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I've had the same issue three times now. About 700 miles on the truck.

You can upload the videos to YouTube on your own channel, and then link to them here.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 24

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had it happen once. Disconnected the battery for 5 min and reconnected and it reset..hasnt happened since

pgienger

Reaction score
Had a similar thing, screen goes black after the camera "switches off," except that in my case I was able to bring it back with either the radio "power" button or the screen off button, don't remember which. Either way, it was fixable and it just stopped doing it... knock on grey colored simulated wood panels...

Gesha007

Reaction score
Same issue and my Navi won’t work. Service told me to scream and wait for an update. I’ll just hold my breathe for $800 a Month. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread