5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen flashes yellow after braking/cancelling cruise control.

Juli_hoop

Reaction score
Trying to add a video to show what I mean but basically when cruise control is on, and I apply the brakes to "cancel cruise control" I get a really quick yellow flash in the center screen after the "cancelling cruise control" notification and before the speedometer pops back up. its a really quick yellow flash but definitely noticeable during night time driving. anybody else notice this? I drive a 19 Ram Rebel...

renzo2213

Reaction score
Trying to add a video to show what I mean but basically when cruise control is on, and I apply the brakes to "cancel cruise control" I get a really quick yellow flash in the center screen after the "cancelling cruise control" notification and before the speedometer pops back up. its a really quick yellow flash but definitely noticeable during night time driving. anybody else notice this? I drive a 19 Ram Rebel...

I drive a 19 Laramie... I thought i was the only one!!!! Holy crap this is nuts haha glad to know I’m not the only one. But yes, I’ve always wondered why it did that. Sometimes it’ll even happen when I’m switching menu screens or other stuff. It’s really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juli_hoop

Reaction score
I drive a 19 Laramie... I thought i was the only one!!!! Holy crap this is nuts haha glad to know I’m not the only one. But yes, I’ve always wondered why it did that. Sometimes it’ll even happen when I’m switching menu screens or other stuff. It’s really weird

Yea its definitely weird, almost like a quick error message pops up and instantly clears itself, always random too. Glad to hear I'm not the only one though but maybe others just haven't noticed it yet. I'll be making a trip to the dealer when time permits since its not really affecting much I don't think haha.

renzo2213

Reaction score
Anyone out there? Help... lol

Juli_hoop

Reaction score
Finally took in the truck today and service center couldn’t figure out why it was doing it. They said it could be normal but I told him there’s no way it’s normal. They are keeping the truck overnight to look into it more in the morning.....

renzo2213

Reaction score
Finally took in the truck today and service center couldn’t figure out why it was doing it. They said it could be normal but I told him there’s no way it’s normal. They are keeping the truck overnight to look into it more in the morning.....

Yea it’s definitely not normal. It’s very minor but not normal. My truck has been to the shop a couple times for other things, it’s so minor that I’ve completely forgotten to ask them about it lol but hopefully they figure out what it is

renzo2213

Reaction score
So I was on the highway on cruise control, cancelled and I saw the flash. Got me thinking, why not try recording it in slow motion video to see if it captures anything. Well, low and behold, after playing with the video switching between frames to try to get where it flashes the screen for a few minutes, I got it. It’s just the same “cruise control cancelled” message except with a yellow background. Makes me think the computer thinks it’s a warning that I’m supposed to know. Probably just a glitch with the warning stuff.
7219a8b54c1a9ed2d9de75b05106a5e4.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I was on the highway on cruise control, cancelled and I saw the flash. Got me thinking, why not try recording it in slow motion video to see if it captures anything. Well, low and behold, after playing with the video switching between frames to try to get where it flashes the screen for a few minutes, I got it. It’s just the same “cruise control cancelled” message except with a yellow background. Makes me think the computer thinks it’s a warning that I’m supposed to know. Probably just a glitch with the warning stuff.
7219a8b54c1a9ed2d9de75b05106a5e4.jpg

Hello Renzo2213,
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you are unable to remedy this concern with the assistance of fellow forum members, I kindly suggest connecting with your local dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, please feel free to send us a private message.
Laura
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread