5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared to pull the trigger on 2019 Limited...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Love what they did to the 19 RAM. Want to get a limited but have almost been completely scared off after being on this forum and reading other things. I have an 2017 Laramie loaded and have the itch for something new. Is the new RAM really this problematic or is it a case of vocal minority? Thanks guys!
If you think you're scared about a RAM...just head over to the Ford and GM forums :oops: Forums attract those that are enthusiasts and having issues. My RAM Limited is AWESOME and I would buy it again. Just relax and take a Deep Breathe!

Eric82much

Reaction score
We own two of them at our household, one is a limited 11K miles and mine is a bighorn 3700 miles, both are 2019, we have not had any issues, we love our trucks, I do have to agree with you when you read some of the stuff here anyone could easily get scared! On top of that there are also the negative people telling you how Ram trucks lose all the value, that Toyota is better (or any brand of their preference) blah blah blah, I keep telling them how much I love all of the features none of the competitors offer, test drive one and you’ll fall in love!
Good Luck!
Thanks to all who responded. SpeedyV - good points. I do appreciate the feedback and positive reviews/advice. I currently own two Rams. Other than a couple of unsolvable issues that I've learned to live with (my 2001's dash disintegrated and my 2006 hasn't had working tach or 4wd since year 1), I'm very happy with my trucks. However, I've never spent as much as I might on the new one, so I'm just doing my homework first. Prefer not to have to live with any more issues or fight with FCA. How do I make sure that my truck won't have the start/stop feature - I don't think I can get used to that. I'm old school and need to hear/feel that engine rumble.

RPeezy

Reaction score
How do I make sure that my truck won't have the start/stop feature - I don't think I can get used to that. I'm old school and need to hear/feel that engine rumble.

Don't get eTorque. Non eTorque engines don't have start/stop.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had issues, but I knew going in that the 2019s (DT) were being built in a new factory with all new people on a completely new design. Fortunately none of my issues were debilitating and were resolved quickly and completely, and it looks like the factory has also resolved those early glitches. But I have to say, if you're looking for a problem free truck...nobody makes one. After the Chevy, Ford, Nissan and Toyota boys have stopped ripping on Ram for quality issues, they very, very quietly will admit to having problems of their own. And with the exception of the new GMs, the rest have had plenty of time to resolve problems, but issues still linger. Besides, after driving the others, there is no more satisfying truck on the market today than the Ram.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels, now at 014667 miles

seadragon

Reaction score
I’ll just also chime in to say that all makes/models have issues. I had a 2007 Tundra that was constantly in the shop for all kinds of things. Biggest problem was the front differential kept vibrating and making a whirring sound. They replaced it 3 times but it still was an issue.

I currently own a 2016 F150 and it too has issues. I factory ordered the truck to my exact liking. But it has a driveline vibration from pretty much day one that the dealers cannot fix. I was at a Ram dealer over this past weekend and took a drive in an Express Night Edition and also a Laramie Sport. Very nice trucks. But my F150 is currently paid off and I’m enjoying no having any truck payments right now. Not sure what I’ll end up doing. But just know that other brands have their issues too.

It does suck when you are having issues with a vehicle and cannot get them resolved.

Bartbuds

Reaction score
Have been on long distance trips NO ISSUES.. Owned for 10 months now..

Users who are viewing this thread