5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared to pull the trigger on 2019 Limited...

Gond1

Reaction score
Love what they did to the 19 RAM. Want to get a limited but have almost been completely scared off after being on this forum and reading other things. I have an 2017 Laramie loaded and have the itch for something new. Is the new RAM really this problematic or is it a case of vocal minority? Thanks guys!

Mason1217

Reaction score
If you never came across this forum would you have gotten it no questions asked? Forums can pretty much talk you out of anything if you spend enough time on them lol. Point is, if you want it, get it, don’t let others sway you. Warranties exist for a reason.

Griff

Reaction score
It is a case of the vocal minority. Very rarely will people post on a forum that all is well, no issues, and I love my truck. With that being said; I've had no issues and I love my truck!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love what they did to the 19 RAM. Want to get a limited but have almost been completely scared off after being on this forum and reading other things. I have an 2017 Laramie loaded and have the itch for something new. Is the new RAM really this problematic or is it a case of vocal minority? Thanks guys!
I think it’s the latter (vocal minority)...but it’s invaluable to have a community like this, where you’re almost never alone in experiencing (and finding resolutions to) issues.

For what it’s worth, as a guy that saw these trucks at an auto show more than a year ago, ordered last May, and took delivery last September...I am still impressed by the sheer number of improvements made by Ram in this truck. It sold me on Ram vs the competition. The difference between the DS and DT generations feels like 5-10 years’ worth of changes, not just 2018 vs 2019.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Go for it if you like the truck, they are a joy to drive, hopefully you won't have to use it but that's what warranty is for, anything you buy MAY have issues of some kind. My experience with this being my first RAM is make sure you have a good local dealer, I've found the hard way that you can not put a price on good dealer support that's close to home. It's no fun burning vacation hours and driving an hour one way to get poor service.

timmbos

Reaction score
Almost 700 miles here. I had one issue and it was assembly line related caused by an overlooked unsecured wiring harness. That harness was rubbing up against the bracket for the computer and rubbed through a wire that fed several sensors and caused a short. I've put on 500 miles since then and zero issues with anything else. Everything operates as it should. I absolutely love this truck! Amazing how it rides like it's on a cloud. Talk about luxury.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Pull the trigger!!!!! :p:p:love::love::love:

Definitely love what the forum brings to the table in better understanding our trucks!!! If you get down to it, the forum represents what percentage of RAM owners??? 1% ??....I don't know. I do know the tremendous help in learning and experiencing my new RAM19 with the wealth of information (both great and bad) provided here with other forum members has been invaluable!!! Especially a well run forum (kudos to those that make it work!!!)

I can say I have had 2 recalls and the sway bar end links fixed. I still LOVE MY RAM!!!

Do I believe that RAM can do better with the "common problems"....YES. I have been fortunate to find a dealership that has made the difference as well in my experiences with my truck.

Key point....IF I had the opportunity to turn back time to the day I purchased my RAM19, I would do it all over again...nough said!!!:love:

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with all of whats been said above. Seize the day and go plunk down your money. You wont be sorry!

BmoreStew

Reaction score
I've got a limited on order now. Reading the forums while I wait to take delivery and it's definitely given me a bit of anxiety from time to time. So I get what the OP is saying.

I just keep reminding myself that the vast majority of owners are very happy with their purchase and haven't experienced any notable issues....because it's true. And if I'm one of the unlucky ones, I'll know where to turn. Glad this forum exists and is so active.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Typically when you go to a forum you’re going to see the worse of the worse and in all honesty there aren’t that many alarming issues with these trucks.

1guyandtools

Reaction score
I was a little nervous also but, I LOVE the truck. The words I describe to my coworkers and friends is ( Very Impressive ) I bought the Laramie LongHorn in Black with painted bumper group, black and saddle interior and Loaded from there on out. NO trailer tow mirror though. I wanted the folding mirrors with the advanced safety group. The air ride is awesome. NO issues so far and I have about 1400 miles on it.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything that would make me worry! The only worrying I would have if I were you would be the depreciation crush going out of a 2 year old vehicle :) As for the truck, I love it. I had a Nissan Titan for 15 years and this thing rides like a cadillac in comparison.

Cardsarge

Reaction score
Go for it. I will roll over 10K miles today with no issues. There have been two recalls, but that is not unusual for any vehicle. I think the new Ram is currently the best truck on the market. Great ride and handling, interior is second to none, proven Hemi power. I moved from a Ford F150 to the Ram and I am very happy with it.

alanstahl

Reaction score
19 Limited fully loaded $71,000 so has all the bells and whistles so all the electronics. 8000 miles been perfect. Remember 50,000 trucks a month being built so always a possibility with so many electronics things can go wrong but I think the vast majority of production trucks are excellent. Would not hesitate to buy again nor should you.

Gond1

Reaction score
Thanks is for the reply’s! I agree this forum is tremendous. Wealth of info. I think the build quality of the previous generation is somewhat questionable. I hope fit and finish and build are better on the 19. Also....are there any differences in ride quality between generations? Thanks.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This seems to come every few weeks from newbies that apparently have never been on a vehicle forum.... Ever.... The first page of any car/truck forum will likely have many complaints, problems and whining. This one is no different.

Users who are viewing this thread