5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung phones & wireless charging

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering for anybody who has a Samsung phone and the wireless charging feature - how well does it work?

This was one feature I thought was really interesting. I just bought a galaxy note 8 and was really curious if anyone had any luck or frustrations with getting the galaxy phones to wirelessly charge.

Thanks

ewag

Reaction score
Galaxy S9 and wireless charging works fine. My phone is also almost always plugged into the truck so I can use Android Play / Uconnect so I primarily charge it THAT way not the pad.

Phiefer

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering for anybody who has a Samsung phone and the wireless charging feature - how well does it work?

This was one feature I thought was really interesting. I just bought a galaxy note 8 and was really curious if anyone had any luck or frustrations with getting the galaxy phones to wirelessly charge.

Thanks
I have a sm-g955u.
Verified it would fit (has otterbox flip cover) and charge. It does. Would not fit in the chev. Trucks I tried. Another reason I choose ram.

Kidder

Reaction score

Thanks
I checked this yesterday on my test drive. Due to the size of my low profile case on my Note 8, my phone doesn't fit on the charging station or even in that slot (it's too tall). My wife's S9+ with bumper guard fit and charged just fine. I may have to ditch my case if I go on a long road trip. Looking at the design, I wish they would have moved the phone holders back a bit so height wouldn't be an issue. Oh, well.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I checked this yesterday on my test drive. Due to the size of my low profile case on my Note 8, my phone doesn't fit on the charging station or even in that slot (it's too tall). My wife's S9+ with bumper guard fit and charged just fine. I may have to ditch my case if I go on a long road trip. Looking at the design, I wish they would have moved the phone holders back a bit so height wouldn't be an issue. Oh, well.
Hmm that might not work so well for my note 8 plus case. Oh well I'll find out once I get my truck

Nettag7

Reaction score

Thanks
I have a Samsung 8+ and the wireless charging works great as long as I dont have a case on my phone. Its intermittent if I dont take my case of, but once the case it off, it charges great!

Kidder

Reaction score
I have a Note 8 with Unicorn Beetle case. It charges consistently if I turn it horizontal and ensure it is completely pushed down.

Tmcb

Reaction score
I have a Note 8 with Unicorn Beetle case. It charges consistently if I turn it horizontal and ensure it is completely pushed down.
I have an I phone 7 and purchased a protective case that enables the charging station to work. The one thing I believe is a miss is that no phones will charge when using Apple car play. Also , the 12 inch screen is cut in half on Apple car play.

Users who are viewing this thread