5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safety recall 2021 Ram

Jedi9

Reaction score
Got notice yesterday, may be bad SCCM, steering column control module in certain rams, wranglers, and grand cherokees. No fix available yet but notice said to go ahead and make appt with dealer. Apparently drivers air bag may fail to deploy in accident. My 2009 failed to deploy any airbags and was a total loss lol.

Got notice yesterday, may be bad SCCM, steering column control module in certain rams, wranglers, and grand cherokees. No fix available yet but notice said to go ahead and make appt with dealer. Apparently drivers air bag may fail to deploy in accident. My 2009 failed to deploy any airbags and was a total loss lol.
Post a screen shot. I haven't heard anything and I have a '21

Let me see if the Mrs will send me a pic, left it on the kitchen table

I got my mailed notice over the holiday weekend. Called my Ram dealer and they have no info. They only had the tailgate adjustment recall but I don't need them to mess with that one. Checked my VIN on recalls.mopar.com and again the only recall they show is for my tailgate. So 2 months in and it appears Ram has not got all the info out

Dealer knows nothing and also mopar recalls site knows nothing

I've received two of these notices in the mail... 15B/NHTSA 24E-025
SCCM Internal Failure - Equipment
Looks like it is referencing the MOPAR steering column control module defect. Sounds critical...
Anyone have knowledge about this?

Mines sitting here on my desk, got it almost 2 months ago, have not heard from anyone. When I called dealer the only recall they had was for the tailgate latch. I'm not letting them mess with the tailgate. It says airbag may not deploy, I bet they are trying to get replacements in first but can't imagine why the dealer did not know about it. May call them again tomorrow.

OK I just rechecked with my vin on recalls.mopar.com again and it's not showing up, only the tailgate from Dec 2022

Got a letter for this for my '20 awhile back. Dealer knows nothing and doesn't show up on any of the online recall sites. 🤷‍♂️

After I posted, was thinking that this is not going to everyone... Then I realized that I had gone back to the dealer because the turn signal was not resetting (turning off) after a left turn. They replaced the turn signal unit... Maybe this is the SCCM?

After I posted, was thinking that this is not going to everyone... Then I realized that I had gone back to the dealer because the turn signal was not resetting (turning off) after a left turn. They replaced the turn signal unit... Maybe this is the SCCM?

It is the SCCM.

If that's the case mine was replaced when I bought the truck, Feb 2022. They replaced the multifunction switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back