5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad day

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
Although I agree the other party's insurance should pay if they are at fault but good luck getting this paid. I hear so many horror stories that even if they are 100% at fault they still only pay 80 or 90% of the damage claim let alone a diminished value claim. Insurance companies are worse than ... well......leave it at that. LOL

That's highly dependent on a number of factors, including the state where you live. Worst case, a lawyer would be happy to take this case - it'd be hard to deny a claim on an expensive vehicle this new with this much damage.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I have a Laramie in that color too.

I have an opposite story. About 10 years ago I was on the way to the dealer to trade in my RX8 for a S2000. On the way there I got rear ended. Kid didn't have insurance. Damage was purely cosmetic on the rear bumper. I let him go and traded in the car anyway.

NDanecker

Reaction score
That's highly dependent on a number of factors, including the state where you live. Worst case, a lawyer would be happy to take this case - it'd be hard to deny a claim on an expensive vehicle this new with this much damage.

Lawyers are expensive, don't guarantee a win, and get paid win or lose. Most times insurance companies hold back just enough to not justify the expense of a lawyer. Insurance companies know this and play the odds. Sad....

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Although I agree the other party's insurance should pay if they are at fault but good luck getting this paid. I hear so many horror stories that even if they are 100% at fault they still only pay 80 or 90% of the damage claim let alone a diminished value claim. Insurance companies are worse than ... well......leave it at that. LOL
dont know abut the diminished value but i have been rear ended twice and both times the other guys insurance picked up the whole tab

Users who are viewing this thread