5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad day

Hym8nce

Reaction score
After buying my wife her 2019 Ram and enjoying her truck I went and bought one for myself. After the second day of owning it I was rear ended at a stop light. Less the 400 miles and man cant even explain my anger. Looking at around 12k in damages. Hopefully I will be back on the road before next month......

Attachments

• IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1898 copy.jpg
    IMG_1898 copy.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1899 copy.jpg
    IMG_1899 copy.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1900 copy.jpg
    IMG_1900 copy.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 207

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After buying my wife her 2019 Ram and enjoying her truck I went and bought one for myself. After the second day of owning it I was rear ended at a stop light. Less the 400 miles and man cant even explain my anger. Looking at around 12k in damages. Hopefully I will be back on the road before next month......

Sorry to hear that. 12K seems high for the damage in the pictures.

geotex1

Reaction score
Man, fellow PAer too! Sorry.

As for the damage, $12K is probably quite right. Unfortunately, trucks are not so rough and ready anymore with the kinder, gentler world we live in.... Looks like the entire bed was pushed in by the hit, and you can't quite pull them out like yesterday's trucks.

Hym8nce

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. 12K seems high for the damage in the pictures.
I said the same thing. Most of the damage is under the bed. But they are having to replace the panel due to it buckling. exhaust, hitch, sensors, tailgate, decals, molding ect. Its outrageous....

NDanecker

Reaction score
Sorry man.

Yea - I hit a dear 1 month into owning a new VW Tiguan (commuter vehicle). Kicker is my weekend vehicle was a Dodge Ram 3500 DRW with a huge BuckStop bumper (think it was made from 1/4" thick steel). Never hit anything with the Dodge but almost totaled my VW. Go figure....

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bummer!!!!!

k1kelley

Reaction score
10 Days after I bought mine, an HVAC contractor working at my house scrapped paint off one of my fender flares. They paid to have it repainted. Then about a week after I had that fixed my wife parked it in the garage and was too close to the garage door and scratched the front bumper and part of the grille. Haven't fixed that yet, waiting for my third bit of bad luck. :cry:

Hope your truck gets well soon.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
Make sure you claim diminished value from the insurer paying the claim...I sure would.

blkv3tt3

Reaction score
Oh man that sucks, and that just doesn't describe it. Hope all goes well...

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never heard of that... could you elaborate?
Diminished value is the loss you take by now owning a vehicle that has been repaired. They will pay the difference between the value of your vehicle as it was and as it is, if it were to be sold. If you don't recoup the difference, you'll lose it when you sell or trade the vehicle.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Diminished value is the loss you take by now owning a vehicle that has been repaired. They will pay the difference between the value of your vehicle as it was and as it is, if it were to be sold. If you don't recoup the difference, you'll lose it when you sell or trade the vehicle.

Good to know, didn’t know that. Thanks

John813

Reaction score
Definitely go after diminished value as posted above. It can be a long process, especially if lawyers get involved but it'll be well worth it since the truck is brand new/worth as much as it'll ever be.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Make sure you claim diminished value from the insurer paying the claim...I sure would.

Although I agree the other party's insurance should pay if they are at fault but good luck getting this paid. I hear so many horror stories that even if they are 100% at fault they still only pay 80 or 90% of the damage claim let alone a diminished value claim. Insurance companies are worse than ... well......leave it at that. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread