5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S&B Intake on a 2019 1500 5.7 Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Hey guys!

If anyone is curious about the S&B Dry Filter Intake for their ram, I made a video about the unboxing, install, and included some before and after clips! Install was pretty easy, the video I made goes a little more in depth to the installation than the video S&B made. Check it out, plenty more content coming from the channel soon!

The part number for the intake we used on my truck was 75-512D

2019-2021 Ram 1500 S&B Intake Install, Unboxing, Sound Clips 5.7 Hemi

Canada eh

Reaction score
Hey guys!

If anyone is curious about the S&B Dry Filter Intake for their ram, I made a video about the unboxing, install, and included some before and after clips! Install was pretty easy, the video I made goes a little more in depth to the installation than the video S&B made. Check it out, plenty more content coming from the channel soon!

The part number for the intake we used on my truck was 75-512D

2019-2021 Ram 1500 S&B Intake Install, Unboxing, Sound Clips 5.7 Hemi
Nice video. Installed same in my 2021 Limited. Haven't punched it yet until I'm well over 1000KM. But I still hear a difference.

spb_sloram

Reaction score
This isn’t the only “performance” mod I’ll be doing to the truck. I’d like to be able to give some real world data on whether they actually help or not albeit some drag tests or some dyno tests. Will see in the future!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Feb 14th.....Bam...silence
Even if data was posted at this point, I wouldn't believe it. There are SO many variables when running a dyno and most reasonable folks know that these CAI's don't do much at all for HP gains or any real measurable increases at all. They look great and, based on the unit, add a bit of sound but, other than that, my drop in filter with carbon filter removal will yield the same results for $40. I do believe there is "some" benefit to the Vararam and RAM Air unit, but still not enough for me to want to spend more than my $40 other than they do LOOK amazing :love: When I do stuff under my hood, if it won't provide anything significant, it's not happening.

Last edited:

Canada eh

Reaction score
Even if data was posted at this point, I wouldn't believe it. There are SO many variables when running a dyno and most reasonable folks know that these CAI's don't do much at all for HP gains or any real measurable increases at all. They look great and, based on the unit, add a bit of sound but, other than that, my drop in filter with carbon filter removal will yield the same results for $40. I do believe there is "some" benefit to the Vararam and RAM Air unit, but still not enough for me to want to spend more than my $40 other than they do LOOK amazing :love: When I do stuff under my hood, if it won't provide anything significant, it's not happening.
All I got out of that is "I'll just remain negative without believing what someone who has done a dyno says". Until you try it there is nothing that can be said in the way of the facts not being accurate. You honestly need to try it. Even if you don't you can't discount the thousands that have and have shown these do work as advertised.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
All I got out of that is "I'll just remain negative without believing what someone who has done a dyno says". Until you try it there is nothing that can be said in the way of the facts not being accurate. You honestly need to try it. Even if you don't you can't discount the thousands that have and have shown these do work as advertised.
Yep...and it's not just me...there are MANY on this forum that doubt the results and I have real world experience with other CAIs that have shown differently. Just because you run a DYNO, doesn't mean it's accurate. There are so many variables that can impact the results of a DYNO. Hey, if you want one, and you're happy with what you hear, I'm not stopping you from buying one. They do look GREAT...they just don't do what some think they do. As stated, my $40 drop in with carbon delete will perform no differently than a $300 S&B.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
can you post your dyno results to quantify the increase?
You can do a dyno 100 different times and get 100 different results. The ONLY CAI's that I feel will have any impact whatsoever, and not huge impacts either, are the RAM AIR and Vararam based on their unique design. All others are just a big waste of money.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can do a dyno 100 different times and get 100 different results. The ONLY CAI's that I feel will have any impact whatsoever, and not huge impacts either, are the RAM AIR and Vararam based on their unique design. All others are just a big waste of money.
oh i think they're all waste... i'm just curious to see if he has dyno results

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now you're wanting to play this game. Yes I have dyno results. No I won't post them just because you feel the need to pick them apart with your constant negativity. It serves no purpose to being a nay sayer to published documentation from the manufacturers. You think they are all lying? Come on. That's like saying Trump wasn't the most racist president in history. ;)
i'm not really playing a game... you won't post your results because i'm "constantly negative?" clearly you haven't seen my posts on this forum. me stating that something is a waste of money does not equate it being negative. you know what else is a waste of money, 3 orange marker lights above the ram lettering, you know what i'm going to buy... an intake and some marker lights! sometimes it's hard to face the fact that you wasted money, but life get's easier when you accept the fact that you CAN waste money here and there.

Sv250

Reaction score
Do a search on cold air intakes on youtube. All of these intakes are dyno tested with the hood up and a fan blowing into the engine bay. Most dont seal as well as the factory ram box And none do better. Turn the fan off and close the hood and watch those dyno gains vanish.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do a search on cold air intakes on youtube. All of these intakes are dyno tested with the hood up and a fan blowing into the engine bay. Most dont seal as well as the factory ram box And none do better. Turn the fan off and close the hood and watch those dyno gains vanish.
THIS ^^^ EXACTLY!!!

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score
Guys chill. o_O

Normally speaking, CAI increases flow along with other bolt-on mods. Every little helps to a degree.
To keep it real HP gains are minimal from a CAI alone. And yes I do have a S&B intake, it sounds and look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread