5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running switches for accessories

CalamisC

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a true newbie question, however I am a newbie :) Looking to install a light bar on my 2022 1500 Bighorn. Is there a method that is generally followed where drilling is not needed through firewall to feed a switch line to turn the bar on and off ? I am preferring to use a standalone switch to control the bar, not tie it in with any other function

thank you

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a large grommet right above brake pedal you can pass a wire through.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you plan on running multiple accessories in the future, might as well install something like the Trigger 6 shooter.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

Dshoe73

Reaction score
I'll save you some searching.
I had the same train of thought. Ordered set of 3 homelink garage door control modules with remotes, each controlling 3 modules. Hooked them up to a 12vdc power supply and programed the remotes for 1st push on, 2nd push off. Next step was to take one of the remotes to the truck and program the garage door switches on the visor. Instructions are in the truck user guide. Done. Now I have 3 remote controlled relays that I can interface to outdoor lighting, or truck add ons.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used this and the install couldn’t be easier!

I’ve had it for 1 year and some change and it’s been flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread