5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruined my Friday

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That just flat out sucks!:sick: Even with the damage, it still looks better than most other trucks on the road! (Sorry, poor attempt in trying to make you feel better)

geotex1

Reaction score
Ugh! Sorry! Maybe this will make you feel better. About 10 years ago, one of my close friends bought a new vehicle and turned out of the dealership and was at the stop light right in front of the sales building. His salesman's wife rear ended his brand new ride!!!

tammied7

Reaction score
Ugh! Sorry! Maybe this will make you feel better. About 10 years ago, one of my close friends bought a new vehicle and turned out of the dealership and was at the stop light right in front of the sales building. His salesman's wife rear ended his brand new ride!!!

OMG that is crazy and yes it does make me feel better!

tammied7

Reaction score
That really sucks, I drive in a lot of stop and go traffic on my commute to work so I'm always afraid of this.

It was road construction on the service road in our town. Rainy and barely daylight. They throw up the sign to stop. We did. Guy behind us wasn’t able to stop. He tried to swerve left but there were concrete barriers on both sides. No shoulder it is a tight fit. Said his brake pedal went all the way to the floor. He was driving a ‘96 Dodge Ram with a chrome bumper. He has way less damage than my truck. :(
Personally I don’t think they need to be doing that type of stuff in the rain and it’s barely daylight. I’m so tired of road construction it’s been going on in that section for several years now.

tammied7

Reaction score
That just flat out sucks!:sick: Even with the damage, it still looks better than most other trucks on the road! (Sorry, poor attempt in trying to make you feel better)

You are correct on both! She still looks good!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would not have helped much as 90% of his damage is on the side.

Old Ray

Reaction score
So sorry.! I would like to tell you my story that includes construction and a very close call. My closest dealer is 100 miles away and I had picked up my brand new Limited and started home. I got about 20 miles and they were paving and had flag people and a construction speed zone, after getting past the paving machines the construction zone continued with fresh pavement and no center line for mile after mile with no equipment working and after about 10 miles (hard not to exceed the construction speed limit) I broke over a hill with obscured vision only to see a flag person with a stop sign but no warning roadside sign. I came to a stop with lots of room in front of the flag person and because it was a new unfamiliar vehicle I looked for and activated the hazard flashers. There was no other traffic behind me so while I waited I started familiarizing myself with the new controls when out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving. I quickly looked in the drivers door mirror to see a car going past me at road speed towards the flag guy and another car sliding sideway in behind me. The flag man was frantically waving his stop sign in the air at a semi that had just came over the hill and at the same time running to get out way of the car that had passed me.

Needless to say a little stressful, a new truck and nowhere to go. The flagman had harsh words for the other driver but no damage done. Sorry for your situation and the long story. .

tammied7

Reaction score
So sorry.! I would like to tell you my story that includes construction and a very close call. My closest dealer is 100 miles away and I had picked up my brand new Limited and started home. I got about 20 miles and they were paving and had flag people and a construction speed zone, after getting past the paving machines the construction zone continued with fresh pavement and no center line for mile after mile with no equipment working and after about 10 miles (hard not to exceed the construction speed limit) I broke over a hill with obscured vision only to see a flag person with a stop sign but no warning roadside sign. I came to a stop with lots of room in front of the flag person and because it was a new unfamiliar vehicle I looked for and activated the hazard flashers. There was no other traffic behind me so while I waited I started familiarizing myself with the new controls when out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving. I quickly looked in the drivers door mirror to see a car going past me at road speed towards the flag guy and another car sliding sideway in behind me. The flag man was frantically waving his stop sign in the air at a semi that had just came over the hill and at the same time running to get out way of the car that had passed me.

Needless to say a little stressful, a new truck and nowhere to go. The flagman had harsh words for the other driver but no damage done. Sorry for your situation and the long story. .

OMG I would have had a heart attack! I'm surprised that there wasn't a huge pileup! People just don't pay attention these days! Glad you made it out alive!!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lame! Those bumpers feel pretty flimsy.

Right, I know the truck is lighter than the DS, but have you really looked at a DS and DT bumper side-by-side? There is far less steel in the DT and moving the backup sensors to those plastic strips at the bottom just makes them smaller (steel-wise).

Users who are viewing this thread