5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubbing Issues

2022RamRebel

Reaction score
I have the 3.5” RC lift kit on my Rebel. Before I had bought new wheels that are 18x9 with 12mm offset. The tires I run are 305/70/18.

I called RC to explain that my tires were were still rubbing up against the inner fender (tires rubs against the fender well closest to the front door emblem that says RAM) even with the larger lift. IMG_9511.jpeg

He said that a pair of RC 1/4” wheel spacers would help with my issue.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6803.jpeg
    IMG_6803.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6806.jpeg
    IMG_6806.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6800.png
    IMG_6800.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6802.png
    IMG_6802.png
    625.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6804.jpeg
    IMG_6804.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6801.png
    IMG_6801.png
    582 KB · Views: 53

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RC can't control rub when you change wheels and tires away from stock. A wheel spacer might not do anything except change where the tire rubs

2022RamRebel

Reaction score
RC can't control rub when you change wheels and tires away from stock. A wheel spacer might not do anything except change where the tire rubs
I explained to him that they are 18x9’s with +12mm offset. I also told him my tire size. The rub is highly minimal but if it can be remedied that’d be ideal.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I explained to him that they are 18x9’s with +12mm offset. I also told him my tire size. The rub is highly minimal but if it can be remedied that’d be ideal.
should've went with -12mm.

see the trimming section here:

2022RamRebel

Reaction score
I’m probably just going to put the factory wheels back on. Would a 1/4” spacer look good on a factory wheel or something larger? I just want a little bit of tire to stick out of fender flares.

Thanks!

2022RamRebel

Reaction score
I know. Bummer. The wheel store I bought them from had no idea what they were doing, evidently.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know. Bummer. The wheel store I bought them from had no idea what they were doing, evidently.
lol next time check my threads before purchasing.
i do the threads for correct and functional builds so fellow forum members can use them as cheat sheets lol

2022RamRebel

Reaction score
lol next time check my threads before purchasing.
i do the threads for correct and functional builds so fellow forum members can use them as cheat sheets lol
If I put the factory wheels back on I know these tires don’t rub. Do you know if I can run wheel spacers on the factory Rebel wheels?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I put the factory wheels back on I know these tires don’t rub. Do you know if I can run wheel spacers on the factory Rebel wheels?
well yes you can but i wouldn't.

i personally don't trust putting spacers on suspension and wheels and that's what i tell my customers. Too often people don't pay attention to the wheel spacers and not check torque spec periodically and things fail. So if you do go the spacer route make sure you get quality ones and not some cheap amazon ones with questionable origin, and torque check periodically. (my recommended "periodically" is any time you rotate your tires - every 1 to 2 oil changes if you change your oil at 5k)

Users who are viewing this thread