5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubber mud flaps vs splash guards for Rebel

RAMDJ

Reaction score
How many of you have found full rubber mud flaps for the Ram Rebel? I think the look of rubber flaps would look great on the rebel but after a few quick google searches, I wasn't able to find any that I liked. Does anyone know of somewhere I can get easy to install custom flaps.

Second, what is everyones thoughts on the splash guards. Does any one have a profile picture of their rebel with the splash guards? They seem to be very inexpensive at $50 per two. Also, with he rebel package, do you get the ones with the fender flares or without?

S

Smashy71

How many of you have found full rubber mud flaps for the Ram Rebel? I think the look of rubber flaps would look great on the rebel but after a few quick google searches, I wasn't able to find any that I liked. Does anyone know of somewhere I can get easy to install custom flaps.

Second, what is everyones thoughts on the splash guards. Does any one have a profile picture of their rebel with the splash guards? They seem to be very inexpensive at $50 per two. Also, with he rebel package, do you get the ones with the fender flares or without?
Gatorback mudflaps is what you want. Full rubber with a steel plate for durability.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
S

Smashy71

I am looking for something I don't have to drill and are ready to go. I did find https://duraflap.com. Not sure if anyone has an experience with this company.
Its one hole per flap takes 5 seconds. And it’s through the plastic inner fender. I had all four of mine on in 30 -40 min

Yedi

Reaction score
the Mopar Ones fit awesome, and are very nice to install. see my profile pic

Last edited:

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
do you have the full rear wheel liner or just the two partials ?
The Husky will not fit the partials

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I installed these Gatorbacks on mine: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/gatorback-mud-flaps-w-pics.4727/
Link with pictures.

I do like those gatorbacks. My question is do they come pre-drilled with the screw holes? Also what size works best for the front vs back.

do you have the full rear wheel liner or just the two partials ?
The Husky will not fit the partials

I have the full wheel liners as the truck has 4-corner air suspension.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I did not install the Gators...had dealership do it b/c I did not have a drill that could fit in the space between the tire and quarter panels. I need to get a right angle drill eventually.

But there are 3-4 holes in each flap and an extra that you have to drill through plastic I believe, and not the metal.

Another item of importance is when you lower the truck to Enter/Exit via air suspension those flaps are about an inch or 2 off the ground.

RAMDJ

Reaction score

Are you supposed to get the ones with the fender flares or the non fender flares with the Rebel?

edgarrian

Reaction score

Yedi I went to the mopar site and i don't see the side steps you have. I like those. Could you provide a parts number or website

Last edited:

kingkasc

Reaction score
Can the mopar flaps be painted? Do they collect water/dirt in the pockets? I love the gatorback but pricey.

Yedi

Reaction score

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
Rough Country Wheel to Wheel Nerf Steps for 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab | 5' 7" Bed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWFBSHF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_DFFnKSQO6p5B4

Awesome steps, lifetime warranty also. Bolt right up to factory studs. These are heavy duty!
Yedi, I'm still on the fence with those or these. https://www.realtruck.com/ici-black-magnum-rt-steps/R184321P2019Y2712MA.html
both look great and are about the same price. So you didn't have an issue with the splash guards hitting the steps?

RAMDJ

Reaction score

I just got mine in today. Did you do the drilling on the bottom or just leave it as is with the screws?

Also, does anyone know what this is?
Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 1.46.23 PM.png

I am assuming it is a rivet tool.

Last edited:

Yedi

Reaction score
I just got mine in today. Did you do the drilling on the bottom or just leave it as is with the screws?

Also, does anyone know what this is?
View attachment 16048

I am assuming it is a rivet tool.

that's a plastic rivet gun. I didn't drill any holes, just used the factory locations and screws. they aren't going anywhere :)

RAMDJ

Reaction score
that's a plastic rivet gun. I didn't drill any holes, just used the factory locations and screws. they aren't going anywhere :)

I was assuming it was the rivet tool. And you left the rivets out all together? I was debating on just leaving those out as the bottom rivet is what they want you to drill according to the instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread