5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPM jumping (not eTorque)

Anarxi

Reaction score
Happened few times, i start my truck and rpm is jumping from 1k to 1,5k evenly. if i try to drive out it slightly stuttering mildly but noticebly. also i had it rev up slightly once when braking, not sure if its connected. just put 10k on the truck. the revving up happens on cold start, the braking rpm jump was already on warm engine. any ideas (5.7 hemi 3.92 gear ratio)

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read through the engine related TSBs. If I remember correctly, I think there is one related to what you're describing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Happened few times, i start my truck and rpm is jumping from 1k to 1,5k evenly. if i try to drive out it slightly stuttering mildly but noticebly. also i had it rev up slightly once when braking, not sure if its connected. just put 10k on the truck. the revving up happens on cold start, the braking rpm jump was already on warm engine. any ideas (5.7 hemi 3.92 gear ratio)

Hi Anarxi,

We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions here and you decide to address this with your dealer, please know that our team is just a DM away and more than happy to support you through that process.

Mark
RamCares

eyeguy

Reaction score
braking rpm thing might have been your foot on brake and also on edge of accelerator? Happened to me a couple times especially with boots.

Users who are viewing this thread