5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rought country 3.5 Lift Installed Today

Dontfront82

Reaction score
3.5 rough county installed today. By all out off road houston texas.
I had the leveling kit up front but it was not enough..

The front now sits at 39.5" front the ground up to center fender, before 37.5" approx
The rear sits at 40.750" before 39" or so.

They added the r.c upper control arm and the joints don't seem to be in no bind.
Also replaced the rear shock with r.c shocks.

Truck is still on the oem falken and rides surprisingly great. Better than it did with the leveling space alone up front, it had more bounce then.

I have my 22 inch wheels and m/t tires to add to it but y'all will have to wait for those pics to get posted after thanks giving

Attachments

• 564536248.jpg
    564536248.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 295

iupui1299

Reaction score
What does a off road place usually charge to have a lift kit installed?

chance21

Reaction score
The All Out Offroad in Pearland installed the lift on my Tundra. I think they have three or four locations, but they all do great work. I'm having a Ready Lift 3.5 installed by Texas Offroad and Performance on the 28th along with 285/55 22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. What size tire are you installing?

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be careful if you ever put it in 4wd. Your truck is 4.5" higher than a stock truck without a differential drop. If you do much 4wd you can blow a cv joint. Not trying to knock, it looks great, just be mindful of it.

That is the exact amount of lift I am wanting on my trucks waiting for a full lift to come out.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
The All Out Offroad in Pearland installed the lift on my Tundra. I think they have three or four locations, but they all do great work. I'm having a Ready Lift 3.5 installed by Texas Offroad and Performance on the 28th along with 285/55 22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. What size tire are you installing?

Yea allout seems to have good customer service so far..

The shop I'm working with has 33x12.5r22 for me and 35x12.5r22. I'm going to try both see which tire fits best got my taste. Hopefully 35s fit fine. I keep getting mixed reviews so I'm finding out for my self

Dontfront82

Reaction score
I'm wrapping these in m/t. :cool:

Attachments

• 20181116_150944.jpg
    20181116_150944.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 56

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Yes I've heard of this
Be careful if you ever put it in 4wd. Your truck is 4.5" higher than a stock truck without a differential drop. If you do much 4wd you can blow a cv joint. Not trying to knock, it looks great, just be mindful of it.

That is the exact amount of lift I am wanting on my trucks waiting for a full lift to come out.

Yes I've read up on this, I hope everything works out fine. Nothing seems to be in a bind so far after my own inspection. And truck rides great surpisingly..I've seen some rigged lifts before and can tell when u should expect broken parts. So I think it's safe for the warranty rough country offers.

plus this my winter/spring set up in Texas lol With my stock 22s on m/t tires

Summer time I plan on going with a bigger lift on some 22x12 or 24x12 set up wrapped in m/t or a/t

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I've heard of this

Yes I've read up on this, I hope everything works out fine. Nothing seems to be in a bind so far after my own inspection. And truck rides great surpisingly..I've seen some rigged lifts before and can tell when u should expect broken parts. So I think it's safe for the warranty rough country offers.

plus this my winter/spring set up in Texas lol With my stock 22s on m/t tires

Summer time I plan on going with a bigger lift on some 22x12 or 24x12 set up wrapped in m/t or a/t
All good. Just wanted to make sure you were aware, wasn't trying to scold. Some people don't really know what they are doing and don't know any better. If you are careful and know what to look for I'm sure you'll be ok. The 35x12.50s I would think will fit just fine, people are running them with as little as a 2" level, it all depends on the offset.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
All good. Just wanted to make sure you were aware, wasn't trying to scold. Some people don't really know what they are doing and don't know any better. If you are careful and know what to look for I'm sure you'll be ok. The 35x12.50s I would think will fit just fine, people are running them with as little as a 2" level, it all depends on the offset.

Yea my stocks rims 22s are +19 offset so it's gonna be close..

In other news, Today I put 275/40r20 tires all around on my r/t charger with about 0.100" clearance on the inside in the front. So I think I can make these 35s fit on my truck, it made me feel better. The cars rear cleared them like nothing, I believe 305s fit back there

Users who are viewing this thread