5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country speedometer calibrator and ParkSense?

Techna

Reaction score
I’ve found some posts suggesting that using the RC speedometer calibrator disables or causes an error with ParkSense, and that people having this problem were dealing with RC on the issue. What I haven’t been able to find, are any reported fixes or workarounds. I‘m in need of a calibrator and don’t want or need the additional features and complexity of AlphaOBD or the Tazer. Sure Would like to use the simple solution that the RC unit is if the ParkSense problem has been corrected. Any help is appreciated.

BGWS

Reaction score
I’ve found some posts suggesting that using the RC speedometer calibrator disables or causes an error with ParkSense, and that people having this problem were dealing with RC on the issue. What I haven’t been able to find, are any reported fixes or workarounds. I‘m in need of a calibrator and don’t want or need the additional features and complexity of AlphaOBD or the Tazer. Sure Would like to use the simple solution that the RC unit is if the ParkSense problem has been corrected. Any help is appreciated.
I have a hypertech speedometer calibrator for sale $120 shipped

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Techna

Reaction score
I have a hypertech speedometer calibrator for sale $120 shipped

I appreciate it but I almost bought one locally at a very good price before finding out that they are a one truck only device. The local guy was unable or unwilling to return his truck to the stock calibration and unlock it, so I of course passed.

BGWS

Reaction score
I appreciate it but I almost bought one locally at a very good price before finding out that they are a one truck only device. The local guy was unable or unwilling to return his truck to the stock calibration and unlock it, so I of course passed.
Yeah I understand that as I returned mine to stock. Let me know if your interested maybe we can work a deal out
14ce71a7703eab5c5cbd74fe1536c67b.jpg
cf783b5b5eabf948ed86c688d0f4b55e.jpg

Techna

Reaction score
Yeah I understand that as I returned mine to stock. Let me know if your interested maybe we can work a deal out
14ce71a7703eab5c5cbd74fe1536c67b.jpg
cf783b5b5eabf948ed86c688d0f4b55e.jpg

I appreciate it BGWS and can see from your photo that is been reset to stock. At $125 though, I’m close enough to a new RC that I’d have to go that direction. I just can’t see why Hypertech‘s new price is 90 dollars more than RC for the same functionality.
I will sell you mine... no issues with ParkSense here after using it.
Returned to stock? If so, shoot (given your profession Sonnie, no pun intended) me a price.

BGWS

Reaction score
I appreciate it BGWS and can see from your photo that is been reset to stock. At $125 though, I’m close enough to a new RC that I’d have to go that direction. I just can’t see why Hypertech‘s new price is 90 dollars more than RC for the same functionality.

Well the Hypertech can be upgraded to a Max Energy full programmer would be my guess. http://www.hypertech-inc.com/support-product-upgrade.aspx

Techna

Reaction score
Well the Hypertech can be upgraded to a Max Energy full programmer would be my guess. http://www.hypertech-inc.com/support-product-upgrade.aspx

Good point. Hadn’t delved deeply enough into it I guess. The only reason I’d considered the locally offered one was the asking price. Finding out that it’s status hadn’t been returned to stock made it unusable for my needs at any price.

BGWS

Reaction score
Good point. Hadn’t delved deeply enough into it I guess. The only reason I’d considered the locally offered one was the asking price. Finding out that it’s status hadn’t been returned to stock made it unusable for my needs at any price.
I would let mine go for $100.00 plus shipping

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Returned to stock? If so, shoot (given your profession Sonnie, no pun intended) me a price.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Returned to stock?" This unit is not left connected, once you set flash your new tire size to the vehicle, you are done, unplug it and sell it again if you wish. It fixed my speedometer being off a couple of MPH, which has been verified using my GPS speedometer app before and after.

At any rate, it cost me $151 shipped, and it works. I would take $120 shipped and save you $31 (assuming it's shipping to Texas)... you will get it much quicker and you know it works.

My profession... search Family Firearms in Troy, AL or AV NIRVANA ... you'll find me around, I can't seem to hide.

BGWS

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "Returned to stock?" This unit is not left connected, once you set flash your new tire size to the vehicle, you are done, unplug it and sell it again if you wish. It fixed my speedometer being off a couple of MPH, which has been verified using my GPS speedometer app before and after.

Once used the units "marry" to that vehicle. Making unit useless on another vehicle. The way you "unmarry" the unit is to return "married vehicle" back to stock. This prevents 1 unit fixing many vehicles.

Techna

Reaction score

At any rate, it cost me $151 shipped, and it works. I would take $120 shipped and save you $31 (assuming it's shipping to Texas)... you will get it much quicker and you know it works.

My profession... search Family Firearms in Troy, AL or AV NIRVANA ... you'll find me around, I can't seem to hide.
Unfortunately that’s not the way it works. With the Rough Country calibrator, you can not use it on another truck until you return the first truck to its stock settings. Hypertech is the same way. I haven’t confirmed this first hand, but not only has Rough Country stated it as fact in print, but some previous owners have said the same. It’s a loss prevention algorithm apparently.
And yea, my comment about your profession was due to a past post you’d made. Maybe when the world returns to normal and my wife and I start road tripping again, we’ll stop in and visit your store. I indulge (and somewhat encourage) her out of state junk shop visits, and she absolutely encourages my out of state gun store visits. The world HAS to return to normal at some point, right?

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
lol... it's looking pretty bleak, that is for sure. We normally keep 1200-1500 firearms in stock... less than 300 right now. Over 2000 on order. It's crazy, that is for sure. And from what I'm hearing, we are probably going to have less law enforcement and more lawlessness, and self law enforcement with all the budget cuts, so the gun manufacturers are going to need to step it up.

I just now clearly read your "no pun intended" comment... glanced over it at first, sorry... NOW I get it.

So... yeah, I am about to get a Tazer DT, so it's not a big deal to return mine to stock, if that is what is needed. I did not see any indication of "return to stock", but I can certainly look for it, and adjust the size back to stock.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I just bought an RC unit last week and had no issues afterwards with parksense. I did have to update the unit so maybe they did update the firmware.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am bringing my truck into the dealer for it’s first visit since purchasing it to get the outstanding recalls done. I have the RC speedo calibrator programmed for my 35’s. Do I need to set it back to stock or is the dealer smart enough to not have an issue with it?

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am bringing my truck into the dealer for it’s first visit since purchasing it to get the outstanding recalls done. I have the RC speedo calibrator programmed for my 35’s. Do I need to set it back to stock or is the dealer smart enough to not have an issue with it?
I can't see where this would have any affect on servicing the recalls. It's not something you leave connected, and it only changes one setting, which is a setting the factory sets bases on size of tires anyway.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't see where this would have any affect on servicing the recalls. It's not something you leave connected, and it only changes one setting, which is a setting the factory sets bases on size of tires anyway.
Thanks. I decided to set it back to stock just in case. I already changed it back to the correct setting.

WR986

Reaction score

No problems with RC on mine. Works like a champ. I'm not a fan of the park sense some times and it still works fine.

WR986

Reaction score

My dealer actually did my RC install and they refresh it anytime they do any work that resets the computer. So id say your fine.

Users who are viewing this thread