5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country speedometer calibrator and ParkSense?

Techna

Reaction score
I ended up buying the Hypertech calibrator from member BGWS (See above) and apart from having to dial in the tire size over several tries, have had no issues whatsoever. ParkSense still works just fine.

doolin64

Reaction score
Those saying the RC calibrator works with park sense look to have 2019s. RC says the issue is with model year 20+ . Anyone with a 20 or 21 used an RC calibrator and have no issues with park sense?

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Those saying the RC calibrator works with park sense look to have 2019s. RC says the issue is with model year 20+ . Anyone with a 20 or 21 used an RC calibrator and have no issues with park sense?
Hmm interesting, guess I’m about to find out as I just ordered one for my ‘20 Ram...And question about returning speedo to stock before taking into dealer for service. The answer is “yes” you have to do that every time, so any service updates are installed accurately.

GWillings

Reaction score
Hmm interesting, guess I’m about to find out as I just ordered one for my ‘20 Ram...And question about returning speedo to stock before taking into dealer for service. The answer is “yes” you have to do that every time, so any service updates are installed accurately.
So how did the RC Calibrator work out for you? Asking as I am planning on lifting my 2020 3.5" and putting either 33's or 35's on, leaning towards 33's though.

Dans70Z20

Reaction score
I am assuming you all used the alhaOBD version rather than the inline speedometer recalibrator? RC sells the inline speedometer calibrator (plugs in line behind speedometer, 30 min install, need to pull gauge cluster to access plug). Just corrects speedometer & shift points.
Just purchased this one. RC sells it for $169. Called Hypertech to ask difference between there inline speedo calibrator and RC. Turns out they make it for RC and and it is identical. Tech stated they sell it to them rebadged for resale and RC chooses price.
Hypertech sells theres for $269. Tech suggested I buy it from RC and even offered tech help if I had any issues during RC product install since its theres. Stand up company & tech dept.

Dans70Z20

Reaction score
Supposedly the AlphaOBD type recalibrators are the ones with parking sensor issues above certain tire sizes. Which is likely why they came out with these in line versions. No need to remove for dealer visits bc does not require reprogramming anything.

Attach to a microsoft computer, follow prompts to enter original tire size & current tire size to update the box for recalibration. Thats it. Nothing accesses you trucks firmware….. so nothing to de-program when heading to dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread