5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Rear Wheel Liners

Goat1

Reaction score
I tried nearly one hour and could not get even 1 in, just way to stiff, I am guessing a hair dry will make the difference? I will give that a try tomorrow. Shame $60k and no liner, these are heavy duty for sure.

RebelMetal

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure RC liners will not work for Ramboxes - there is less space in the wheel well then in a regular cab. So OEM Mopar wheel liners is your only option.
There is conflicting information out there on this. Their website description says they are not compatible, however in the item QA they answered “Yes” the wheel well liners are compatible with ram boxes. Has anyone tried to install on ram box models?

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
This might be a long shot. But I to have th ram boxes and I want rear well liners but not a solid answer if they fit.. I’d be willing to make the purchase if someone wants to go 50/50 on th price and I’d have them installed. If they work then I’d go half back with said person so they can get there’s.. only reason I won’t pay full price, there’s no legit answer if they fit. And they don’t offer returns on them

RebelMetal

Reaction score
This might be a long shot. But I to have th ram boxes and I want rear well liners but not a solid answer if they fit.. I’d be willing to make the purchase if someone wants to go 50/50 on th price and I’d have them installed. If they work then I’d go half back with said person so they can get there’s.. only reason I won’t pay full price, there’s no legit answer if they fit. And they don’t offer returns on them
I confirmed with RC that their liners do not work with Ram Box models, unfortunately. Not a fan of the OEM but may be what I have to do.

Johnny5

Reaction score
Nope. Just loosen all the screws and slide in from bottom to top.
Just put mine on today. I have the mopar splash guards and I loosened all the screws and put them in from back to front. The back will slide into the splash guard. The liner is a tad bit wider than the guard so I just took a razor blade and cut into the liner. RC says take the guard off but you shouldn't have to...

sep1006

Reaction score
They look awesome! I put the same ones on my Rebel. Definitely something they should come with from the factory.

Did you just order the ones for the 1500? I saw on the website that there wasn't a rebel option.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did i forget to order 2 screws for the wheel wells
liners came
today but no extra black screws

abeach1995

Reaction score
Well after a few months I decided to install some wheel well liners myself. Ordered from Rough Country. These went over the 1/2 liners already installed. Pretty simple process. Instructions were simple to follow and nothing extra besides a blow dryer to loosen the plastic to fit perfectly was needed. View attachment 76486
Why did you choose the rough country ones over the Oem Mopar ones ? I see there’s one on Mopar for the 5th gen rams just wondering why you went with rough country

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Anybody with the ram box find liners for our trucks? Dealership told me that the old ones would fit but not 100% sure

TDP154

Reaction score
Why did you choose the rough country ones over the Oem Mopar ones ? I see there’s one on Mopar for the 5th gen rams just wondering why you went with rough country
Rough Country’s are cheaper and are installed over top of your half-wheel liners. They are solid too, haven’t had any issue with quality or durability

sep1006

Reaction score
For you guys that installed these, I have the Bushwhacker Fender Flares. From what I THINK I understand the BW's shouldn't cause any issues as I don't have to use any of the clips / screws holding them correct??

puba08

Reaction score
For you guys that installed these, I have the Bushwhacker Fender Flares. From what I THINK I understand the BW's shouldn't cause any issues as I don't have to use any of the clips / screws holding them correct??

No they are just going to ruin your paint (I know from experience). Hopefully you put the protective film on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sep1006

Reaction score
No they are just going to ruin your paint (I know from experience). Hopefully you put the protective film on.

Well I haven't purchased them yet. Can you expand on the "ruining the paint" issue?

puba08

Reaction score
Well I haven't purchased them yet. Can you expand on the "ruining the paint" issue?

Dirt will work it’s way behind the rubber gasket and as the flare moves it will rub and scratch the paint. I’ve had them on 3 trucks and all have suffered the effects. It doesn’t matter what brand. Dirt works it’s way in there.
You can put clear protective film first then install the flares. Just a PITA trimming it.

sep1006

Reaction score
Dirt will work it’s way behind the rubber gasket and as the flare moves it will rub and scratch the paint. I’ve had them on 3 trucks and all have suffered the effects. It doesn’t matter what brand. Dirt works it’s way in there.
You can put clear protective film first then install the flares. Just a PITA trimming it.

Oh okay gotcha, I thought you were saying the wheel liners would cause paint damage. My Bushwhacker Fender Flares were installed a few weeks ago so too late for that.

sep1006

Reaction score
Had a sunny day so I put the Rough Country wheel liners outside in the sun for a few hours this morning. Installed them and they really make a big difference. Wasn't the hardest install but definitely wasn't the easiest. A lot of bending, pushing and forcing but overall not to bad.

IMG_1386.jpg

Rebel27

Reaction score
Anybody with the ram box find liners for our trucks? Dealership told me that the old ones would fit but not 100% sure
I’m struggling to find wheel well liners as well that fit with the ram boxes. Any luck?

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I’m struggling to find wheel well liners as well that fit with the ram boxes. Any luck?
Spoke to the dealership awhile back they told me that the ones they have will work.. assured me that they spoke to corporate and they verified.. I just haven’t got around to it..

Users who are viewing this thread