5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Rear Wheel Liners

SSW

Reaction score
Well after a few months I decided to install some wheel well liners myself. Ordered from Rough Country. These went over the 1/2 liners already installed. Pretty simple process. Instructions were simple to follow and nothing extra besides a blow dryer to loosen the plastic to fit perfectly was needed. View attachment 76486
I also ordered the wheel well liners from Rough Country for my new 2021 Laramie, under $90 and they were delivered in 2 days. The install was easy and took about 40 minutes, would have been less if I had thought to warm them up for better flexibility.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed these last night on my 2021 Laramie - not as easy as I'd hoped but they look good and should perform well. I wanted the OEM but they are back ordered into eternity and way to expensive. I think install would be easier on trucks without fender flares maybe. I was not able to get the holes to line-up for the front screw on the inside of the wheel well - might have left the screw in place if I had known it wouldn't go back in... anyone have a trick? I'll be installing my Husky mudflaps over these soon and hope they'll cover up the gaps. 20210601_205540.jpg

Last edited:

Svt40

Reaction score
I bought them from work for a little discount. Installed them one day after work. Took about 15 minutes. 10 minutes for the first one and 5 for the second.

My trick was a smooth rounded metal 1/4 inch ratchet handle to flip the plastic behind the fender flange.

ej23

Reaction score
Installed mine today, after having them for a few weeks. Also took the opportunity to remove the dealer logo'd and installed mud flaps. Probably be replacing with Husky's soon. Liner install was not bad. Took me a bit on the first side to figure out how to get it behind the sheet metal lip, but I finally figured it out.

NoMoFoMoCo

Reaction score
I couldn't get the front screws to line up, so I just left them out. It's been a month and everything is still holding fine without them.

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
When comparing the RC rear wheel liners and the Mopar rear liners available for purchase aftermarket, the higher price and perhaps a little more difficult installation for the Mopar ones are the only two things that I see as being different. Does anyone else see anything else. Leaning towards the RC pair. Thanks for any insight.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rc are much thicker plastic and more rigid. I had the OEM on my 2019 and took them off to look at them before I got my 2021 and they were much less substantial than the rc version. I've had the rc on my 21 since the spring and they have been great and no problems this winter

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When comparing the RC rear wheel liners and the Mopar rear liners available for purchase aftermarket, the higher price and perhaps a little more difficult installation for the Mopar ones are the only two things that I see as being different. Does anyone else see anything else. Leaning towards the RC pair. Thanks for any insight.
I thought the RC were easy to install. I just removed some screws, slipped them over the tires, pushed it into position, and screwed them in.

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
I thought the RC were easy to install. I just removed some screws, slipped them over the tires, pushed it into position, and screwed them in.
I went with the RC liners, they were ok to install, you had to get them just right, and pushing them behind the fender flares was tricky, you had to start at the bottom and work up towards the center. Overall happy with this choice.

Attachments

• IMG_1072.PNG
    IMG_1072.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just install mine. Driver side took an hour, could't get one of the holes to line up. Passanger side 20 minutes or so. I listen to the instructions and apply tape the the half stock liner againts the frame to keep it from moving and stay line up to the hole.
20220226_151628.jpg 20220227_215728.jpg

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Love mine but they were no easy feat to install. It was about 30 degrees out and no amount of heat gun was going to make them more flexible in those temps. Otherwise I'm sure it would have been much easier. They're very substantial and held up well over their first winter.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Love mine but they were no easy feat to install. It was about 30 degrees out and no amount of heat gun was going to make them more flexible in those temps. Otherwise I'm sure it would have been much easier. They're very substantial and held up well over their first winter.
I did mine last August when the temp was in the high 90's. Leave them out for an hour or two in the sun and they will definitely gain some flexibility. I've got bad wrists and also used a heat gun. Only took about 20 minutes per side. The instructions are excellent by the way; just follow them.

Users who are viewing this thread