5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country or Readylift 3.5" lift

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went with the Rough Country 3.5 inch lift. Didn’t upgrade the struts initially but I installed the base kit and I immediately called rough country up and had them send the out the $300 struts. Well worth it and I would definitely recommend. Fuel blitz 20x9 wheels. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295 65 r20. Rides great and see pics below!
View attachment 107836 View attachment 107837 View attachment 107838 View attachment 107839
How’s the ride with their struts? I was worried about it being too stiff, so I have the Eibach kit on order.

Sen2_562

Reaction score
Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? if you did it, did you get it aligned afterwards?
Yeah did the install myself it took around 4 hours. It's pretty straight forward if you know what you're doing. I did get the truck aligned once I got my wheels.

niftyguy239

Reaction score
Anyone who did go with the RL 3.5" have terrible issues with bouncing? I feel like I am on a boat, floating, then hit a bump and the front end bobs up and down a few times and the rear does the same. I've had lifts before so I expected some stiffening but this is a lot worse then I have experienced before. It all started after going over a speed bump and it made some squeaking noises in the right front control arm area. The lift is less then a week old.

RL 3.5" Lift Kit with factory struts and shocks, 35x12.50R20 Hankook DynaPro AT/2s, and 20x10 Fuel Mavericks in Satin Black.
34k miles on ODO
Alignment is perfect, no issues steering or maintaining control.
PSI in all 4 tires is 38 psi

Attachments

• 20211020_180200-02.jpeg
    20211020_180200-02.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 20211020_180200-02.jpeg
    20211020_180200-02.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 189

Mjpress

Reaction score
I'm using the rough country kit and I am very pleased with it.
I didn't however use the spacers in the back with the springs, i just changed out the springs and put a taller spring in with more weight capacity .
I'm just reading over this thread to research Readylift vs Rough Country. I'm leaning toward RC because I don't want to use spacers in the front. I plan to get the lifted struts instead. Anyway, where did you get your taller springs? How tall did it lift the rear? I'd like to find a taller spring that makes the rear slightly higher than the front. I do some towing and hauling and honestly I prefer a little rake.

vadedram

Reaction score
Has anyone measured how much the 3.5 lift moved the front wheels backwards closer to the cab? Curious. I have the rough country 3.5, but wondering how much it changed. Also wondering if there is a difference in the height and how much the front wheels moved backward between the ready lift and rough country lifts, especially since one uses a poly front spacer and the other doesnt.

db9

Reaction score
Has anyone measured how much the 3.5 lift moved the front wheels backwards closer to the cab? Curious. I have the rough country 3.5, but wondering how much it changed. Also wondering if there is a difference in the height and how much the front wheels moved backward between the ready lift and rough country lifts, especially since one uses a poly front spacer and the other doesnt.
I don't understand this question.

jmanst15

Reaction score
Rough Country lifted struts is the answer...plain and simple. Parts are beefy and look beautiful. I did not want any blocks, spacers, or preload in my suspension so here is what I did and I couldn't be happier with my 2019 Ram Laramie non ORG

-RC 3.5" lifted struts w/RC upper control arms
-RC N3 rear shocks
-Icon 1.5" rear springs

Best part is that with a tiny bit of heat molding and removing the stock mud flaps up front this thing clears 35's with NO RUBBING AT ALL. I've got a set of 35x12.5x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it with -18 offset Fuel Rebel wheels. The stance is perfect IMO. Even or just slightly rear high, which is exactly what I wanted. The Icon springs have been great so far. I have not towed with them yet but am looking forward to see what the squat is like compared to the stocks. I read some reviews about bounciness on the freeway on the big road joints on overpasses and bridges but have not had that experience myself. It has been a very close to stock ride all around which I am super happy about.

The tires change the ride quality just a hair but the shocks and springs feel just like stock. Handles bumps great, feels planted and has less body roll, but you can tell you just have a stiffer larger tire underneath you. Not a bad feeling at all just slightly different.

I was concerned it wouldn't fit in my 7' garage but it DOES with just an inch or two to spare! That was a huge win.

I have driven it on a 6 hour round trip and around town for about 3 weeks now and I love it. Definitely a drop in gas mileage but to be expected. Still need to get the speedometer recalibrated.

This is a great mix and match and I would highly recommend this over the RL kit to not have any spacers on the front suspension.

Cheers!

mrclortho

Reaction score
Anyone who did go with the RL 3.5" have terrible issues with bouncing? I feel like I am on a boat, floating, then hit a bump and the front end bobs up and down a few times and the rear does the same. I've had lifts before so I expected some stiffening but this is a lot worse then I have experienced before. It all started after going over a speed bump and it made some squeaking noises in the right front control arm area. The lift is less then a week old.

RL 3.5" Lift Kit with factory struts and shocks, 35x12.50R20 Hankook DynaPro AT/2s, and 20x10 Fuel Mavericks in Satin Black.
34k miles on ODO
Alignment is perfect, no issues steering or maintaining control.
PSI in all 4 tires is 38 psi

Other than being taller, I could not tell any difference in ride quality from stock. No noise and no problems and I tow 7k+ trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread