5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Grille Lights and Bumper Light

CharlieP

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done the install on either one of these Rough Country Kits. My local dealer wants $1,650 for both. just seems a little steep and wondering if it was worth it>

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve done the grill lights, but have stayed away from the bumper install. Is that cost including all needed parts ?

CharlieP

Reaction score
I’ve done the grill lights, but have stayed away from the bumper install. Is that cost including all needed parts ?
yes that is the cost for install and parts. Parts are 400 and 1250 for labor

diamondmi

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done the install on either one of these Rough Country Kits. My local dealer wants $1,650 for both. just seems a little steep and wondering if it was worth it>

Curious, what are these lights? Never heard of Rough Country grill and bumper lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck going through final inspection.

ej23

Reaction score

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The grill lights will take about three hours including the time needed to finesse them. I run a Bluetooth option with mine as opposed to the harness that Rough Country supply’s.

VanLith10

Reaction score
I have the bumper light from RC. $1200 is outrageous to have it installed. I had mine installed for $400 ($100/hr). It looks amazing and hidden great. With that said, the RC light itself could be better. I can get pics if you want

HitmanHugh

Reaction score
I have the bumper light from RC. $1200 is outrageous to have it installed. I had mine installed for $400 ($100/hr). It looks amazing and hidden great. With that said, the RC light itself could be better. I can get pics if you want
In what way could the light be better, just curious and pics are always appreciated (y)

diamondmi

Reaction score
I have been looking at both.
According to the install sheet on the grille lights 5-6 hours for the 6" Grille lights https://s3.amazonaws.com/roughcountry/install/921707820.pdf

and 3-4 hours per the install on the bumper light.

I'm thinking about going for it, just feel like i need to come up with a good solution for light switches as I will be adding more ditch lights and some on the Ridgelander rack and bed as well over time.

They sure look nice. However, when I get my Laramie Longhorn I’ll have a different grill without those rectangle cutouts.

Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck going through final inspection.

VanLith10

Reaction score
In what way could the light be better, just curious and pics are always appreciated (y)
So this is my first truck and first light bar on a vehicle. I just feel you might get what you pay for, and this light bar is on the cheaper side compared to say Rigid lights. My high beams shoot out further than this light bar. This light bar is good, in my case, for lighting up more of the sides of the road. I will see if I can go out tonight and take some pictures with the light bar on compared with my low beams and high beams.

CharlieP

Reaction score
where did you run the wire through the firewall to get into the cab?

Kratz87

Reaction score
They sure look nice. However, when I get my Laramie Longhorn I’ll have a different grill without those rectangle cutouts.

I have the 2020 Limited 1500 and ran into the same grill issue as the Lamartine Longhorn. I have sent queries to Rough Country to see what the issue truly is with no reply yet. It seems that it is not a size or dimension problem for the upper grill - just the fins within the openings left and right of the RAM that need to be cut out. I am trying to confirm. If that is all it is, I am doing both! For lower number light, the only thing needed is to order the MOPAR two-piece grill so the light will shine through! Anyone try this yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online