5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie in need of guidance

Harry_Truman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought a 2020 1500 Big Horn quad cab. She’s a beauty but i strongly dislike the factory 18 wheels and tires.

I pose this to resident experts on this site: I’d like to put 20s or 22s on her and higherquality tires. Need advice as to whether I should buy upgraded factory MOPARs (I believe they offer 20s). Or do some alternative brands via tire rack. Also, please advise on spacers, lifts, etc that would need to be done commensurate with the size of the wheel.
Any guidance would be appreciated ! Thank you

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agree with SpeedyV. I have purchased off of Craigslist - be patient, they come along. You can go on ebay and check the completed listings to get some idea what wheels have sold for. I have found 20" wheels priced at a 1000 will move while those at 1500 don't move. I believe sales for the Ram is slow right now so the availability for OEM wheels may be reduced.

bryan28

Reaction score
If you buy aftermarket wheels be sure the center hole for the hub is hub centric (same size as the factory hub on the Ram). If not, buy some hub centric rings that will reduce the larger size hole in the wheels to the correct hub diameter. This will reduce the chance for vibrations that could result from the space between the wheel and the hub.

As far as needing a level, lift, etc to accommodate the larger wheel I doubt it's necessary. You should be able to swap out an 18" for a 20" with no problem.

You may be able to sell your 18s on this site to help fund your new wheels or may even be able to trade straight up for a set of 20s here.

Harry_Truman

Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen. I will have a look around the site and eBay.

as for tires, what would be a solid upgrade that wouldn’t degrade ride quality but provide a more aggressive look? Thanks again

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen. I will have a look around the site and eBay.

as for tires, what would be a solid upgrade that wouldn’t degrade ride quality but provide a more aggressive look? Thanks again

Everyone here raves about either the Falken Wildpeak A/Ts or Michelin LTX Defenders. Nice aggressive look and perform brilliantly in snow, rain, while giving a nice smooth highway ride.

Me personally, I went with Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts with Kevlar. Same as the Falkens, great tires so far.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought a 2020 1500 Big Horn quad cab. She’s a beauty but i strongly dislike the factory 18 wheels and tires.

I pose this to resident experts on this site: I’d like to put 20s or 22s on her and higherquality tires. Need advice as to whether I should buy upgraded factory MOPARs (I believe they offer 20s). Or do some alternative brands via tire rack. Also, please advise on spacers, lifts, etc that would need to be done commensurate with the size of the wheel.
Any guidance would be appreciated ! Thank you
where you located at? im in ohio, and might be selling my 20 inch black wheels with only 4500 miles on them, they have the faulkens on them.

Users who are viewing this thread