5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock Sliders 33gal Gas Tank

SPD/RED

Reaction score
Prototyping of 5th Gen RAM 1500 Rebel rock sliders and light bar, from Randy Ellis Design.
The sliders can hold the entire vehicle weight, for those interested.

1500 RS 1.jpg 1500 RS 2.jpg 1500 RS 3.jpg

Last edited:

SPD/RED

Reaction score
When will these be available to purchase? Bolt on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are looking at about 4 weeks out for production (they want to check on one more local vehicle).
They are bolt on and cab mounted, not frame, so are able to take the full weight of the vehicle and are true rock sliders.

nainey_09

Reaction score
They are looking at about 4 weeks out for production (they want to check on one more local vehicle).
They are bolt on and cab mounted, not frame, so are able to take the full weight of the vehicle and are true rock sliders.

Right on. Finally they got something for the 33gal tank! Where are they located at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I am currently working with a manufacturer to create a frame-mounted kit for the 33gal which will also fit the smaller tank models. The cost will be around $1200 raw or $1700 with Line X platinum plus shipping. We will offer local installation in the DFW area. They will have bolt-on drop-down steps at all 4 doors for daily driving. You can remove them for more clearance when you are off-roading. The current design is a 6" wide full-length dimpled step. If we have an option without the drop-down steps, we would target a retail cost of $999.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My 5th gen Ram frame mounted sliders are going to powder coat tomorrow. As soon as I get them back I'll build a jig and start offering them to the public. They are for the 33 gallon tank and should fit the smaller tank as well. I'll verify. Super stong. I tested them over the weekend. Looking at about $1,200 raw steel and most likely $1,400 powder coated. I will work with mys suppliers to try to get the cost down to $1,200 powder coated shipping NOT included.

Users who are viewing this thread