5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock light installation

RonnieJalomo

Reaction score
Wanting to install some rock lights on my truck the only problem I got is the rear doesn't have the liners so before I order some has anyone installed rock lights without the rear liners and what did yall use I need some ideas

Attachments

• 20211114_151815.jpg
    20211114_151815.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 46

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wanting to install some rock lights on my truck the only problem I got is the rear doesn't have the liners so before I order some has anyone installed rock lights without the rear liners and what did yall use I need some ideas
I don't have rear wheel liners (didn't click that option when i ordered the truck) and will be doing rock lights.
But two problems:
1. I won't be doing that until my sliders arrive, which is next month.
2. I won't be hiring anything into wheel well. I will be doing 2 on the front of the truck, 2 on each side under the cab, and 2 under the rear bumper. From my experience my spotter doesn't need to see the wheels when rock lights are needed, but my spotter will need to see where my wheels will go hence the rock lights. We all carry flashlights and headlamps anyways so if situation where we need to look at my wheels/ tires it will be easier to see with bright headlamps or flashlights.

I can still share how I do it once they are all done if you're interested though.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm planning on adding some soon too. I haven't decided where to mount. I don't have liners either, but I too am only concerned with seeing where my tires are on the ground.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Might as well throw on the liners. Its a quick install and cleans up the rear wheel well, also added protection from getting road blasted

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RonnieJalomo you get your lights yet? I'm still over thinking what to buy and where to mount. Was going to do Diode Dynamics, but they're on backorder for 8-12 weeks. So, though I'd do some Amazon lights for like $70, but then found KC's offerings.

and Rough Country seems to have a decent option. Trying to decide if I just want four or six.

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the frame facing outwards and it’s great how much coverage you get! If you did that I’d recommend maybe placing one or two on the frame pointed in towards each other to light up the center of the truck too

Users who are viewing this thread